No announcement yet.

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything felt heavy this morning! Shoulders and leg supersets sticking with TUT 15 reps and 3 sets.

Military press/prone leg curls/incline situp
    Seated DB lateral raise/dead lift/hanging leg raise
    Rear delt cable fly/sled leg press/calf raise
    Upright row/leg extension/cable rotations

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
      I've been lurking in this thread and haven't posted but am still feeling the effects of my first real leg workout in years...three full days later. Sitting on a toilet was downright scary and stairs are terrifying.
      [emoji1787][emoji1787], hope you didn't break the toilet seat.lol

Yesterday was shoulders, triceps and core. I'm always mixing up workouts weekly to keep the body guessing. I am a firm believer in muscle confusion. Today is light cardio and tomorrow is heavy chest day. Nobody really cares about that but throwing it out there. lol Key words - Muscle Confusion

I'd like to know what most here are eating on a weekly basis? I'll will chime in with my 2 cents here in a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        [emoji1787][emoji1787], hope you didn't break the toilet seat.lol

Yesterday was shoulders, triceps and core. I'm always mixing up workouts weekly to keep the body guessing. I am a firm believer in muscle confusion. Today is light cardio and tomorrow is heavy chest day. Nobody really cares about that but throwing it out there. lol Key words - Muscle Confusion

I'd like to know what most here are eating on a weekly basis? I'll will chime in with my 2 cents here in a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Haha I wasn't worried about the toilet seat as much as I was worried about NOT being able to stand back up.

Chest and core teed up for this afternoon. I have two herniated discs in my back so I've committed to working out my core before every workout. My thought is that if I get a "pump", then my core muscles will help stabilize my back.
        I'm in ramp up phase right now, so my workouts are pretty short. I've also started doing a flexibility yoga video every day. It's only 20 minutes and I feel like it's already helping my hips and back.

As far as food, I'm counting every calorie I eat using MyFitnessPal. I've set my daily calorie goal based on zero workouts so any workout I do is a bonus. In the past, I feel like I've overestimated my calorie burn and underestimated my calorie intake.

It's amazing how much grazing I did during quarantine. I'm eating a lot more raw vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, and broccoli. I feel like I can eat more with a lower calorie impact. I'm just making it up as I go but this first week is actually amazing on the scale. Of course my first weigh in was on the heels of a 4-day Vegas trip so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
          I've been lurking in this thread and haven't posted but am still feeling the effects of my first real leg workout in years...three full days later. Sitting on a toilet was downright scary and stairs are terrifying.

Stop motivating my TBH Weight Loss Challenge enemies. I have a throne to capture!

Been there and done that! That's how you know you've had a good leg day.

My wife has started the Macrostax program so I pretty much gotta eat what's on her program.

Comment

I'll be 56 in a couple weeks. Im 5'8 163. Want to get back down to 150. I started working out on Monday. Plan on working out 5 days a week along with cardio. Years ago i would run 50+ miles a week but the last couple of years i got up to drinking 3-4 cases of Yeungling a week. Bought a case of Miller Lite on Sunday and still on the same case so that's some improvement.

Comment

Hit the gym this morning and got it done. Back and tricep TUT supersets. 3 warmup sets and 3 working sets of 15 reps. Taking tomorrow off to head to the lease and try and kill a few pigs and maybe a spike or two.

T-bar row/body weight dips/incline situp
              BB row inverse grip/overhead rope extension/hanging leg raise
              Tricep pushdown/overhead lat pull/incline leg raise
              Seated DB overhead extension/v-bar pulldown

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Cardio and core this morning! Need to mix in a lot of days like this but weights are way more fun....

Still sticking to 16-18 hr fasting also.

Legs are fried from yesterday which is pitiful considering how little I did and compared to last year at this time.

Just have to keep grinding though.

Comment

Cardio, chest and tri's this morning. First work out this week that really felt good.

Comment

Well I managed two workouts so far this week. Monday was complete upper body.
                    Bench
                    Incline DB
                    Cable Crossover
                    Lat Pulldown
                    Seated Cable Rows
                    Standing Overhead Press

Missed the rest of the week until last night. Last nights workout was a good full body since I hadn't hit legs at all. Also, last nights workout was after 20 hours fasted. I noticed alot more focus on my lifts training fasted. Maybe a little less strength and endurance.
                    10 minute incline walk to get warmed up.
                    Squats & Pull-ups
                    Standing OH Press
                    Deadlifts
                    Bent Over BB Rows
                    Bench Press and i threw in some tricep push downs

48 hour fast will be completed around 9:30 tonight.

Comment

My goal is to get below 200. I started at 236 back in the fall and was able to get to 218 right after Xmas. I got tagged by covid on the 28th and have not been able to work out since. I’m probably down to 210 or so after two weeks with covid (not the best weight loss method). I’ll start back at the gym in a few weeks. I usually do 45 minutes of intense exercise 5-6 times a week. I’ll be 62 in a few months and hope to be under 200 by April.

Comment

This is so awesome! I originally started this thread in 2014 and to think it’s still going strong is a testament to all of you kick a$s tbhers!

I will play again. I am 51 years old with two sons one a personal trainer and power lifter 26 yoa and the other a 19 yoa college football player. That being said, I have always pushed my boys to workout and be their best! My oldest son is now pushing back and wants me to do an all clean powerlifting meet with him and break the State record for bench press. So I guess if my body can hold up I am going to try to press 405 this year on a touch and go and at least 375 competition or more. Here goes to the aching bones!!! Good Luck everyone and keep pounding the gym!
                        Last edited by parkchief100; 01-08-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Off yesterday

Just killed it this AM. 20 mins skeeter run, back and Bi’s, core and bicep PT, finished with 10 mins of stairs

Legs and shoulders mañana

Comment

Let's Ride!

Comment

We purchased P90X a few years ago with every intention of following it but it is too strenuous/intense for my old joints. Instead of tossing it in the recycle bend we decided to offer it here. This program is not for everyone and almost requires some level of fitness prior to being! With that said, if you would like to get in the “best shape of your life” and can do this type of high impact workout, chime in here and the program DVD’s and book are yours.

Michael

Comment

Second week of TUT with back and leg supersets. Abs thrown in for good measure. 2 warmup sets after getting the blood moving on the treadmill and bicycle.

T-bar row/seated sled press/calf raises/incline situp
                                Supersquat/wide inverse grip row
                                Leg extension/v-bar pull down/incline leg raise
                                Overhead lat pull/bilateral leg press

Comment

Working...
                                X