Moseley Shiner Barndo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moseley Shiner Barndo

Kendra and I are a life crossroads, as is my sister Shari. Shari lost her husband last fall and is restarting her life. Kendra and I are 54 and looking at retirement in 6-8 years (hopefully). With my Canada second tour cut short prematurely due to Covid, I have returned to Sugar Land.

Having planned to be gone longer, we had moved too deep into the sell of our Fort Bend residence. Even with the return it was best thing to do, as it's too much of a home for just the two of us with the kids all grown and moving on. Closed on Monday and settled into Condo life here in Sugar Land (Sugar Land Town Square living). Kendra and I plan on renting here on out until retirement. Shari is restarted in Austin in the townhome she and Keith had bought and renovated. We have jointly decided to add more square footage to the family farm (we have 5 kids between us) as our primary gathering spot.

Barndo plans are locked and we are in the final stages of negotiations with a builder (working through some warranty issues). Lot's of porches and a garage/shop with utility room.

Looking forward to breaking ground this fall!

MOSELEY_WEBER Elliott Plans 8-6-20 FINAL.pdf
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Going to be nice. Good luck with the ice maker

Comment

That’s awesome Gary . Will it be going by your Dads place ?

Comment

Awesome! Curious about one part of the design. Looking at the elevation drawings, it looks like you will have two garage doors. One of them is off the covered porch. What is the reason for it opening to the porch instead of off the right side?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
          Awesome! Curious about one part of the design. Looking at the elevation drawings, it looks like you will have two garage doors. One of them is off the covered porch. What is the reason for it opening to the porch instead of off the right side?
          Dry in/out is my thinking. The back of shop will serve two purposes
          1) Utility Room
          2) Man Cave

This allows me to enter and exit via cover and tend to gas grill and smokers directly off man cave without having to go off covered room. 8 foot door in back, big enough to pull out a mower, but not as big as 12 footer on other end, which is where boat will go in/out.

Pops did something similar with his shop and I liked the functionality of it.
          Proud member since 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            That’s awesome Gary . Will it be going by your Dads place ?
            Mom and Aunt Elaines home place (130 acres). Where they and pops all currently live.
            Proud member since 1999

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                Mom and Aunt Elaines home place (130 acres). Where they and pops all currently live.

Was that the houses to the right side of the pasture near your dads ?

Comment

Very cool, Gary. Looks like that is gonna be a fun place to hang out.

Comment

Project started today. We set two poles to mark east boundary and reset pops hot wire fence in one of his hay fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Proud member since 1999

Comment

Very nice, what kind of quotes per Square foot have you been quoted ?
                      Last edited by rut-ro; 08-16-2020, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Awesome!! Dreams coming true Brother!

Comment

Congrats, exciting times for sure! Most important thing i can see on your plans is a 17 yd. Air conditioned bow range....

Comment

I might be your neighbor out there one day- maybe sooner than later

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                              I might be your neighbor out there one day- maybe sooner than later
                              I don't know....I used to like you til I found out we are kin!

Proud member since 1999

Comment

Working...
                              X