No announcement yet.

Water Clarity at the coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know, just wondering is that you that keeps calling and asking is the coast clear?

Comment

The runoff has the surf off color up here. It runs out of the Brazos, Colorado, various creeks, etc and it runs right down the beach. The wind and currents keep it right on the bank and it just runs down the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        Had to doctor it a little.
        Said there were much bigger ones swimming around, but they weren't interested.
        Its cool to know they're already cruising this far up the coast already. Hopefully I'll stumble upon a few tomorrow.

Comment

I just left the beach a little south of Bob hall pier, water on the bars was dirty, the guts were not great but fishable with lures. Clean water was a couple hundred yards off the beach.
          file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/53/03/88B2F2C2-2C95-45D5-9A8F-5F52BD76785D/IMG_3366.HEIC
          Attached Files

Comment

Water Clarity at the coast

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
            Went out of Sabine pass yesterday brown water to about 25 miles had to go 50 miles to get clear water.Usually brown 5 to ten and clear at 25 or 30 but with all the rain lots of dirty fresh water out there

Same here out of Freeport. From the jetties to 20 miles was chocolate. 20 to 41 was green and around 50 blue. Supposedly the Brazos river was dumping lots of chocolate water out.

This graph is water color. I believe it was from yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by manwitaplan; 06-14-2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              Same here out of Freeport. From the jetties to 20 miles was chocolate. 20 to 41 was green and around 50 blue. Supposedly the Brazos river was dumping lots of chocolate water out.

This graph is water color. I believe it was from yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This graph is awesome. Where do you see something like this?

Comment

Sister went to Liberty Ships out of POC yesterday. Said it still looked like the jetties and brown. So id say at least 25 of POC to even get into green yesterday. Lots of fresh water

Comment

We've had our place in Rockport for five years now and it's the worst we've seen it. Some oldtimers say oyster dredging is part to blame and 8 months per year of hammering the reefs is finally showing. These boats work a reef until the live ones are all caught, and then move onto the next one to destroy. Oysters are the bay's filter and when they're gone, water quality greatly suffer. I quit eating oysters years ago, even though I love raw oysters.

Comment

Bolivar is looking pretty good currently. My buddy was coming back from work yesterday and stopped on the beach and said it was still stained, only reason I didn't go try it this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      You must be thinking of Galveston. The blue water comes in much more than that from Port A south. Some years it's into the bay for 3 months. September and October are usually excellent.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      I lived there for 22 years. Some times I only knew of the blew water coming up into the jetties once a year, but that's with me being busy with life, I only knew of once a year. But when I fished most every week, at times, multiple times a week. During those times in my life, I saw up to three occasions a year, when the blue water would come in. So I assumed, the blue water could easily come in three times a summer and I just never saw it. For years, I only knew of it coming into the jetties once a year. It may have only been twice one summer, probably was only twice, one summer, then once a summer before or afterwards.

The fishing off of and inside the jetties gets crazy when the blue water comes in. The surf will be dead, no white caps, clear blue water in the surf. We have been out on both Bob Hall Pier and Horace Caldwell Pier, when the blue water was in. Nobody was catching anything off of either pier. But around almost every piling, there were three to five large sheepshead. Good luck catching those guys. Out of three or so hours of being on one of the piers, maybe one person would land one of those many sheepsheads. We were pretty sure they snagged it. We tried everything we could to catch one, with zero luck.

But around the jetties, the fishing is crazy, when the blue water comes in. They will be catching ling, kingfish, barracuda, lots of Spanish mackerel, along with large schools of large reds and huge schools of trout.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        I lived there for 22 years. Some times I only knew of the blew water coming up into the jetties once a year, but that's with me being busy with life, I only knew of once a year. But when I fished most every week, at times, multiple times a week. During those times in my life, I saw up to three occasions a year, when the blue water would come in. So I assumed, the blue water could easily come in three times a summer and I just never saw it. For years, I only knew of it coming into the jetties once a year. It may have only been twice one summer, probably was only twice, one summer, then once a summer before or afterwards.

The fishing off of and inside the jetties gets crazy when the blue water comes in. The surf will be dead, no white caps, clear blue water in the surf. We have been out on both Bob Hall Pier and Horace Caldwell Pier, when the blue water was in. Nobody was catching anything off of either pier. But around almost every piling, there were three to five large sheepshead. Good luck catching those guys. Out of three or so hours of being on one of the piers, maybe one person would land one of those many sheepsheads. We were pretty sure they snagged it. We tried everything we could to catch one, with zero luck.

But around the jetties, the fishing is crazy, when the blue water comes in. They will be catching ling, kingfish, barracuda, lots of Spanish mackerel, along with large schools of large reds and huge schools of trout.

Talking about crazy fishing at the Jetties. This is the one I was referring to. Would be pretty awesome to be down there and have this happen.

[YOUTUBE][ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i1jlM-yIyo"]what happens when a BAIT BALL shows up at the beach?.... - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Ive caught Kingfish on the rocks on more than one occasion

Comment

Hey man, its brown about 10months out of the year down here at the Sabine.

Im sure the fish are still there.

Comment

Working...
                            X