Places to fish in Estes Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to fish in Estes Park

Heading to Estes Park this week with the wife’s extended family. Any recommendations on good waters to fly fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Thompson river isn’t bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tight View Post
      Heading to Estes Park this week with the wife’s extended family. Any recommendations on good waters to fly fish?

Everywhere

Comment

Hot weather lately has rivers running high with lots of snow melt. Stop in at the local fly shop and talk with someone about spots to go. Buy a couple of flies even if you will never use them.
        Check this site out for info as well : https://www.kirksflyshop.com/fishing-report/

Comment

You can walk just about every river up there and sight fish it.

Comment

Like WyTex said, Kirks will hook you up with everything you need. I’ve been in there a bunch. Really nice people. Actually called them the other day looking for a certain fly and they were really helpful. If you want to get away from crowds and not interested in a long hike up to a lake, there are some really good creeks around the Allenspark entrance to the park that you can pull right up to. I think there are about 1 brook trout per sq ft up there lol

Comment

In the actual Park, if like most, the farther you can hike back in the better it will get.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                Big Thompson river isn’t bad.
                This. I grew up in Ft. Collins. I have caught countless trout out of that river.

Comment

Working...
                X