No announcement yet.

Texas Water Safari 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went and spectated for a few hours this afternoon at the Cheapside checkpoint. Pretty neat to see how the "Teams" worked together. You knew when a team was coming in because a group with fresh water bottles were getting ready to hand them off at the check-in point. What is the advantage of the thermoses with the hoses everyone was using? Just curious. Hats off to men and ladies competing because its been some hot and humid days and I imagine there is not much breeze down on the river with the steeper banks before reaching the coastal flatlands. Hope all the competitors stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by bosshawg View Post
      I went and spectated for a few hours this afternoon at the Cheapside checkpoint. Pretty neat to see how the "Teams" worked together. You knew when a team was coming in because a group with fresh water bottles were getting ready to hand them off at the check-in point. What is the advantage of the thermoses with the hoses everyone was using? Just curious. Hats off to men and ladies competing because its been some hot and humid days and I imagine there is not much breeze down on the river with the steeper banks before reaching the coastal flatlands. Hope all the competitors stay safe.
      You don't have to stop paddling to hydrate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Salt water Barrier in 6th overall, 8 minutes behind 5th place boat, slowly closing in.
        But they might be delayed having to put on the spray skirt for the bay. I don't think it's bad, but could always turn.

The coastal mosquitoes are no joke!
        They should be finishing around 2-3am.

Comment

They finished with strong 5th place overall and 1st women's team.
          There still are alot of boats out there pulling strong.

Comment

Congrats! That’s some serious dedication.

Comment

Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ian and Addie (My Granddaughter) finished 11th overall. Really proud for Ian and his daughter Addie. Her first Water Safari, youngest to compete this year at 13 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post

Congrats to your sister and her teammates, that’s a great finish.
                  People don’t realize how hard this race is and all the preparation that goes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                    Ian and Addie (My Granddaughter) finished 11th overall. Really proud for Ian and his daughter Addie. Her first Water Safari, youngest to compete this year at 13 I believe.
                    Congratulations to Ian and Addie!
                    Great Job!

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post

congrats on a great finish

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                      that is awesome that Ian was able to compete with his daughter. they did an awesome job.

Comment

Congrats to all of them! My family watch them all go around the dam in San Marcos every year. That’s a tough race - so glad it’s back this year!

Comment

congrats to all!

Comment

Last boat I knew finished this morning. Was their first time doing TWS

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Last boat I knew finished this morning. Was their first time doing TWS
                              Congratulations to them!
                              This is an accomplishment that they will always look back on.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                2717, Paddle Pachanga

Looks like Paddle Pachanga will be finishing in a few hours.
                                Good job guys, and keep on pulling!

Comment

Working...
                                X