Plumbing issue in cabin (pex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
    Aerator is the little screen on the end of the fixture should be able to unscrew it and I have seen the so plugged up that they will let no water out
    Ok. Gotcha...I was thinking something like an aerator on an aerobic septic.

Comment

Where's this at? Any axis on the place? I could take care of this for you!

Comment

Single or double handle faucet? If single it is most likely the cartridge, easy replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
          Where's this at? Any axis on the place? I could take care of this for you!
          They identify as axis...

Comment

Originally posted by ateagleton View Post
            Single or double handle faucet? If single it is most likely the cartridge, easy replacement.
            Cheapie double faucet from HD

Comment

Anti-flood supply lines clogged, or as others have said, aerator or cartridges.

Comment

Sounds like the valves are closed. Maybe you turned them off and forgot. ?

But if you heard some air coming through it could be bad cartridges. Kind of strange they would both stop 100% of the water at the same time though.

Like others have said, I’d take the supply line off the valve and open the valve to see if you have water to there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Cheapie double faucet from HD

We have a sink like yours in the house.
                  Some junk may have gotten in the system.
                  Our washer didn't have no water. After the big freeze as we lost hot water for a few hours one morning. Both of the lines were plugged at the washer.

Pic 1 is the aerator. It screws on. Remove it see if screen is blocked

Make sure water to house is on.
                  Pic 2 is the lines under sink.
                  Get a pail
                  Turn the valves off
                  Remove line going up to the sink.
                  Check to see if there's a screen inside the line. If there is make sure it's clear. If not turn that side of the faucet on. Blow into line and listen for air exiting faucet. If yes that lines clear. If not. Replace that line.
                  Put pail under valve. Turn valve on.
                  If no water that lines plugged or broken.

Repeat for other side.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-14-2021, 10:12 PM.

Comment

You sure the stops are cut on under the sink?

Comment

Checked em. They're on. Thanks for all the input guys

Comment

Odd both hot & cold with no flow
                        Like others have said disconnect supply lines at stub out & have someone slowly turn water supply on to make sure you are getting water to that point

Comment

I had the exact same problem after the freeze and when I took the screen off the faucet it started running and a bunch of gunk shot out.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                            I had the exact same problem after the freeze and when I took the screen off the faucet it started running and a bunch of gunk shot out.
                            Well.... I definitely hope my problem is as simple as that. Thanks for chiming in

Comment

We had a lot of water lines plug after the freeze in the refinery. When the lines get that cold they shrink.when they warm back up they expand and all the sediment in the line breaks free and ended up in the end of the line. As mentioned it’s probably a plug in the faucet or the shutoff valves.

Comment

In my auto shop the pipes froze and when everything thawed out the water on the sink would only drip. I took off the screen and it was full of trash. Some how the freeze caused this because I use the sink every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X