No announcement yet.

Beautiful sight in Hearne last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandmother's family took a covered wagon from Oklahoma to Texas in the early 20s. They settled in gause/ hearne area. Had a lot of good family reunions there.

Haven't been back in years. Sounds like I ain't missing much.

Comment

I guarantee those were filled up with illegals coming to a city near you!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        My grandmother's family took a covered wagon from Oklahoma to Texas in the early 20s. They settled in gause/ hearne area. Had a lot of good family reunions there.

Still just rail roads and chicken express [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Well...I do love me a good #5 combo with gizzards, mashed potatoes, half n half tea. [emoji16]

Comment

Well...I do love me a good #5 combo with gizzards, mashed potatoes, half n half tea. [emoji16]

You better double check before you pull out an make it where your goin to realize it’s all wrong [emoji1787] them Hearne folk lil different lol

Comment

Hey now, the Chicken Express is fairly new. It's only been there 2 years.

I drive through Hearne twice a day, going and coming. I can't understand why the state just doesn't build a bypass around Hearne and Calvert. They are the only 2 towns Highway 6, which is 4 lanes, passes through between Waco and Houston.

Comment

Our family farm growing up was in Calvert down the road from the Dairy Queen and we were there almost every weekend. Funny thing is Hearne is where I first learned about the Bloods and the Crypts growing up..not Houston where I resided.

Another random factoid about that area: We had never had any deer on our property. When there was a deer sighting..it was A BIG DEAL and it was the all the talk in the family. When we sold the place in ~'99. The property was covered in deer AND HOGS and they were a daily sighting.

Comment

Merica!

I prefer to take 50 South when able to avoid Hearne and 6. I like driving the farm bottom anyhow.

Comment

My in-laws live in gause can’t get through hearne fast enough

I live in Gause and that's pretty much the truth. I do like a good Dixie burger though.

Comment

Do you still have people in Gause? My family has been in Milano/Gause since 1851.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        Do you still have people in Gause? My family has been in Milano/Gause since 1851.
                        I'm sure that there are. But none that i know personally.

Critchfield and Weekly are the surnames:

This is my great grandmother.

Great aunt:

Comment

I'm sure that there are. But none that i know personally.

Critchfield and Weekly are the surnames:

This is my great grandmother.

Great aunt:

https://images.findagrave.com/photos...8953556939.jpg
                          Names don't ring a bell but that doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Them **** critchfields were cattle theives i tell ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Them **** critchfields were cattle theives i tell ya!
                              Heresy!

Respectable folks!

Comment

Working...
                              X