Salt water pool or fresh water pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
    What does the UV/ ozone do to improve the water?
    This is a pretty informative article. To summarize it reduces chlorine usage and keeps the water very clean. Can swim underwater with eyes open and it's no issue in our pool.

Are you considering a UV sanitizer for your inground swimming pool? If so, this article dives into ultraviolet pool sanitizer cost, maintenance, pros, cons, and more.

Good luck with the build!

Comment

We built a pool when we built our house a few months ago. Out of the 4 pool builders we had bid it, non of them recommended salt water. They said it was hard on the equipment and that it would eat up all of our natural stone on the hot tub, tanning ledge and waterfall/ grotto. It made it an easy choice for us- chlorine!

Comment

Salt destroys everything after awhile. Would highly recommend chlorine pool.

Comment

I'd recommend not getting a pool and going to swim at the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            I'd recommend not getting a pool and going to swim at the lake.

This! close thread!!

Seriously, though, when we bought our place it had a pool... Previous owners had a guy that came by once a week and did his magic on the pool/equipment... We continued that service... I have never done anything to my pool. It's crystal clear and my grandsons love it... THAT's the only reason I haven't taken my tractor and FEL and filled the sucker in and planted grass (or corn and other veggies) there... It is currently a chlorine fresh water pool but was built to be either...

It's really nice to sit around the pool and watch the boys have a blast, but I personally have absolutely no use for a pool... Oh yea, my lab loves it too... I hardly ever have to bathe her... so there is that one benefit for me...

Comment

I had my pool built ~20 years ago. Builder recommended chlorine. I did try an ozone maker which did nothing.

At one point I bought into the salt rhetoric. Bought a system on sale. I did like the feel of the water, but that was it. Instead of buying chlorine I was spending more on muriatic acid. PH constantly fluctuated. Several times had large dozes of stabilizer to the pool. And never got close to the life on the t-cells or controllers. I also did have to replace a diving board that rusted away. And the heater likely suffered too.

There is no doubt in my mind that salt is more expensive in the long run. I went back to chlorine 2 years ago and will never go with salt again. Miss the feel of the salt water, but not the headaches.

Comment

Working...
              X