The Bowhicans Kayak the Guad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bowhicans Kayak the Guad

The Bowhican clan, Darrel and Jenn, joined Mary and me for another river adventure on the Upper Guadalupe over the weekend!

My girls were at “Camp MeMe,” but Mary was in dire need of some river therapy so four of us headed back to Comfort for an overnighter.

Darrel, Jenn and Mary have some awesome pics and, of course, I’ll put together a video recap of our trip soon!

More to follow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Could you have worn smaller shorts Darrel?

Comment

I'm glad Darrel was able to find his shirt.

Comment

Love your pics and videos. What kind of kayaks do y’all use

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I really like the fact that I don’t see any other people. Is this all on private land or just a quiet place you’ve found?

Comment

Originally posted by agvet2004 View Post
            Could you have worn smaller shorts Darrel?
            Yes. Yes I could have.....the soft fleshy part of my upper thigh should be witnessed by all at least once.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            I'm glad Darrel was able to find his shirt.
            Jealousy is a horrible trait to have Justine.

Comment

Jealousy is a horrible trait to have Justine.[/QUOTE]

There goes your fishing trip invite. Jennifer is still cool.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                Love your pics and videos. What kind of kayaks do y’all use
                Thanks! These are Future Beach Angler 144 kayaks that I picked up at Field and Stream Store a couple of years ago. We've gotten A LOT of use out of them! Mine has developed a small leak, but they've been pretty durable. I'm starting to jones for an upgrade, but I keep reminding myself how well these have worked.
                Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I really like the fact that I don’t see any other people. Is this all on private land or just a quiet place you’ve found?

We see very few people on this stretch of the Guad - mostly near the put in and take out points and the public park about half way between (James Kiehl). There was a fairly large group that put in about an hour before we launched (I got there ahead of the others to get our yaks ready) but we never saw them again. Another group of 4 paddled by our campsite on Saturday evening and we saw a couple of other fishermen near crossings. Otherwise we have the river to ourselves.

Any land within the banks of the river is public land here in Texas. There are several great places with trees to hang hammocks and flat spots to pitch a tent, cook and relax after several hours of paddling. Oh, and a nice water hole to cool off!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

LMAO at this shirt! Greatness!

Comment

Looks like another great time!

Comment

It was a great time and can't wait to drop in and do it again!! Michael's setups made it super easy and Mary's navigation was spot on!! Just around the next bend.......

Comment

The Bowhican clan, Darrel and Jenn, joined Mary and me for another river adventure on the Upper Guadalupe over the weekend!

My girls were at “Camp MeMe,” but Mary was in dire need of some river therapy so four of us headed back to Comfort for an overnighter.

Darrel, Jenn and Mary have some awesome pics and, of course, I’ll put together a video recap of our trip soon!

After a week in LA, that is an understatement! LOL

Thanks! These are Future Beach Angler 144 kayaks that I picked up at Field and Stream Store a couple of years ago. We've gotten A LOT of use out of them! Mine has developed a small leak, but they've been pretty durable. I'm starting to jones for an upgrade, but I keep reminding myself how well these have worked.
                        UHHHHHH.......Jennifer and I can attest to that is no SMALL leak. I was starting to think the water would never stop coming out of that thing as we unloaded each yak. I think if we would have paddled much further, we would have been having a "bottom of Guadalupe search" for more than my phone! That yak had to of been close to sink mode.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        LMAO at this shirt! Greatness!
                        Funny story about that shirt. My mom and I were shopping and she bought me several t-shirts from Consuela. They are super soft, but she just picked them all up and we really didn't look at them. The next day I am wearing it, and she tells me "You really should get rid of that shirt, it is tacky with all those holes.". I laughed hysterically and informed her she had just bought it they day before. I think she will always check out what she is purchasing a little more closely now.

I'll post some pics a little bit later. It was a much needed, fun weekend...and the Chandlers fit right in!

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
                          lmao at this shirt! Greatness!

x2

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                            UHHHHHH.......Jennifer and I can attest to that is no SMALL leak. I was starting to think the water would never stop coming out of that thing as we unloaded each yak. I think if we would have paddled much further, we would have been having a "bottom of Guadalupe search" for more than my phone! That yak had to of been close to sink mode.

LOL! I knew I was riding low! May be my excuse to start looking for a new one?
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

A few pics from the wknd. Again an awesome time. Can’t wait to do it again!

Think I may have to change my screen name.

Last of the Kayicans

Comment

Working...
                              X