• Show
Clear All

Jv working on that changeup today..

Comment

Whitley.is.a.monster.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        When did Kemp get an extension?

Tucker has way more trade value than Reddick, but they won't trade Tucker. They would trade Reddick for a bag of balls if someone would take back his contract.
        Exactly what you said about Reddick. Kemp didn’t get an extension
        Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Whitley.is.a.monster.
        YES

Comment

Whitley.is.a.monster.
          It is hard to imagine him not being on the staff by the end of June. How they handle his innings this year will be interesting. I think if he had worked a full season last year, he would be on the staff by the end of April, but I doubt they want to run him out for 180 innings in the bigs this year.

The goal has to be to have him healthy, acclimated to the rotation, and not worn out going into the playoffs.

It helps that he has good mechanics and isn't a max effort guy. He can probably throw more innings than the typical prospect of his age and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
            Unofficially? He isn’t listed on their roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Maybe this will help..

Comment

RHP Josh James suffered a right quad strain and is no longer a candidate for the starting rotation. He played catch today and Astros are hopeful he’ll pitch in enough games to be in the bullpen on Opening Day.

Per Julia Morales

Comment

RHP Josh James suffered a right quad strain and is no longer a candidate for the starting rotation. He played catch today and Astros are hopeful he’ll pitch in enough games to be in the bullpen on Opening Day.

Per Julia Morales
                They’re saying 5th spot now between Peacock, Valdez, and Rodgers

Comment

If you had to pick between those three, who would you pick?

Comment

Think its really just between peacock and framber... with it being peacocks to lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                      If you had to pick between those three, who would you pick?
                      Valdez. Two lefthanders in rotation would be nice and he did really well last year. Peacock is so valuable in pen also

Comment

Hinch said both White and Kemp will probably make opening day roster. Both are out of options. He said probably only 12 pitchers instead of the usual 13 as they have 4 days off in April. White and Kemp were thought to be battling for last spot.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          Hinch said both White and Kemp will probably make opening day roster. Both are out of options. He said probably only 12 pitchers instead of the usual 13 as they have 4 days off in April. White and Kemp were thought to be battling for last spot.
                          Yeh.. i think we should cut kemp free to another team than can use him day2day..
                          Whites good relief for yuli at 1st.. and can swing a bat when he wants to..
                          not a lot of room in the field for kemp to grow into..pools full.
                          But..in the other hand...he runs fast, is consistent at plate, and doesnt take up to much room..

Comment

i hope kemp stays and has a good mix of playing time! always liked him, and his strike outs are low, always puts the ball in play!

Comment

I wonder if they may try to sign kuechel to a 1 year deal with this injury.

Comment

Kuechel already declined his qualifying offer, so we have already tried to sign him to a 1 year deal. Wish he would have accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                X