Anybody have a review on this meat grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a review on this meat grinder

This one and the LEM #22 seem to have the same exact specs. I've had good luck with my old $99 northern tool grinder I bought about 15 years ago...but want to step up my game to a #22 for processing more than a few deer a year.

The LEM #12 is on sale for $349 (but no stores around me have one). Can't order online at the sale price.

So I looked at the NT grinders and saw that they are very similar in specs to the LEM.

Anyone have the Gear Guide grinders?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-20 125518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	25202803

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZ8_9SVPs8"]Guide Gear #22 Electric Commercial Grade Meat Grinder - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Chew; 01-20-2020, 12:56 PM.

Wish my LEM had that accessories drawer. It's got metal gears, so that's a plus.

Comment

Isn't the Cabela's 1/2 hp grinder $349? Good reviews on their grinders

Comment

Probably so. The
        Is one I'm looking at is a #22 1 hp.

Comment

Doesn't look bad but I dont have any experience with it. I bought one of the big ones from cabelas last year and hadn't looked back! It will grind whatever you feed it!

Comment

I have no experience with this grinder but I’ve bought a handful of “Guide Gear” products from Sportsman’s Guide and none of them have been what I’d call “good”.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
              Isn't the Cabela's 1/2 hp grinder $349? Good reviews on their grinders
              Dang right! I've had one, 0.5 hp Cabelas, for about 15 years. Home processed over 100 deer. Love it! It was about $100 cheaper back then.

Comment

The Cabela's 1 hp is $499. I'm looking for a 1hp #22. We anticipate butchering domestic hogs and goats in the fairly near future and don't want to buy again.

The cabelas carnivores do look nice.

Northern tool is same regular price but on sale for $429.

Comment

Come look at mine or try it. It's a beast!!! You can't feed it fast enough to bog it down! We timed doing 25 lbs one time and I think it was under 4 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

The LEM #12 is on sale for $349 (but no stores around me have one). Can't order online at the sale price.

Thanks for any input.
                    I just received a LEM #12 that I bought from academy for 349. I ordered it online about a week ago, maybe they changed that u cant order on line, but I definitely did. But if you want a 22 anyway, it does not make any difference lol

Comment

I really like those handles. Red one on top of motor and around the front nut. Sorry no experience with the GG brand.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a LEM #12 Big Bite and it has done everything I have asked to do and more. I lucked out and they were running a promotion that included a free foot pedal. I will never go without one going forward.

Comment

Go to Grinder.com and you can find all kinds of grinders and reviews.

Comment

Working...
                          X