Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERCOT- what’s the problem now

Is it too hot?

FROM WBAP 820AM: ERCOT is requesting energy conservation. Consumers and businesses are urged to reduce electricity use this afternoon and evening. Reply STOP to quit

I saw that. The hell they talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not windy enough outside to generate electricity.

Comment

Not nothing. They are shy of kicking in ancillary services after the fiasco they created. $$$.

Comment

Just look at south ties. Going into mexico. All negative. Not positive.

Comment

Slowly conditioning the privileged to accept frequent power loss in the future?

Comment

Learning to live in a 2 tier country has me wondering WTH happen to the USA and Texas

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                Learning to live in a 2 tier country has me wondering WTH happen to the USA and Texas
                It's embarrassing. Should have listened to the rednecks all these years. Oh well, the millenials have it under control

Comment

it ain't even close to hot yet ....

Comment

Yup. 3rd world problems.

Comment

Buy energy mutuals.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        It's embarrassing. Should have listened to the rednecks all these years. Oh well, the millenials have it under control
                        You mean the rednecks that said it cost too much to build a decent system like the rest of the country? Only other place I've lived that's been so crappy with power is commiefornia, and that was only cause we lived on base. This is absolutely embarassing.

Comment

Hmmmmm, just wait till this summer when it gets hot. Better hope for a mild summer.

Comment

How's that "green energy" thingy working out ??????
                            Somebody out here in Eastland, needs to put in a
                            Generac Store............

Comment

HVT or High Voltage Transmission lines require maintenance/rebuild/cut ins from new substations, etc. In order to perform this work, circuits must be de-energized, or, a planned outage. ERCOT does not allow planned outages from June through September due to the Texas heat and the high demand for electricity. Therefore, to perform all the work that is needed on the thousands of miles of transmission lines across the state and/or plants, it has to be done in a certain time frame. Typically the fall through spring. When you experience warmer than normal temperatures during these planned outages, it can cause a strain on the grid. Come summer time, there will be no outages and the grid will be at full capacity. It’s really that simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X