Sad but his legacy lives on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad but his legacy lives on...

My middle son, also a TBH member, lost his "other" hunting buddy several months ago. We all shared a lease together years past, but as I moved to the Granbury area, Landon and Curt would still play golf together and hunt together when I could not join them. Curt was about 15 years younger than me, but oh how he loved the hunt AND was a dedicated Bow Hunter!

Well, Curt's youngest son walked into his house and shot his Dad multiple times killing him. He in turn killed himself after Deputies tried to stop him, gun fight but then turned his handgun on himself. This was a terrible thing with many obviously shocked. Landon also played football in HS with the son who of all things killed his Dad.

My son recently visited a separate lease that Curt had, at the request of the only surviving son who has no interest in hunting. To end this story, the lease run's to September and the land owner told my Son he was welcome to take out as many pigs as he could. She said she will decide to continue the lease in September and would contact him if he wanted it. There are some BIG West Tx Bucks living there, I've seen them.

Make's me tear up as the surviving Son told my Son his Dad would want him to have all the feeders, stands and to pick them up when he can. Probably around $5K worth of equipment by my estimation but no monetary value for the memories.

Friendship carries over, memories remain, Curt's legacy will live on with reminders each time a feeder is filled, a stand provides more memories.....RIP and watch the hunt Curt.....

You have been around some interesting situations. Prayers sent

Comment

RIP Curt.

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Man that is a really sad story. What would possess a son to shot his father?

Comment

That's a really bad deal. I keep hearing stories like that, don't understand why these deals are getting so common.

Comment

Dang. That's no good.

If the lease lady leases to your son he wont have to move it all...

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                That's a really bad deal. I keep hearing stories like that, don't understand why these deals are getting so common.
                I have no clue but it's happening more and more. My only guess would be a drug of some kind. Never ever entered my mind back in the early 60's.

Comment

Dang it! Horrible deal and so sad for your son to lose his buddy like that; not to mention Curt’s family. My prayers go out to Curt’s family and his friends!

Comment

Prayers Up.

Comment

Sad ordeal. I hope everyone affected finds peace.

Comment

Sad

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          I have no clue but it's happening more and more. My only guess would be a drug of some kind. Never ever entered my mind back in the early 60's.
                          My father was not a man who inspired any love or respect from me and when he died I did not weep or mourn his passing.
                          I did have to sign for the body and pay for his cremation. [emoji849]

However I would never have considered taking that kind of action against him. Heck I didn't even punch him in the face the night my mom died after he was hitting me for pulling her off the couch to do CPR on the floor.

I agree drugs could have played a role but jealousy or abuse or . . .

It's difficult to know what a person's demons are and if those demons break them this type of thing can happen. Satan enjoys ripping souls and families apart.

Condolences to y'all and Curt's family.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            x2

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              Whoa bad deal

Comment

Working...
                              X