tpwd speckled trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
    You have to keep 15 of them to make a meal, they are all 10-12 inch long haha
    Absolutely right, no Trout in Big Lake, no need to even drive over and try.

Comment

You have to keep 15 of them to make a meal, they are all 10-12 inch long haha
      Have you ever fished Calcasieu?

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
        It should be no fish over 20" 20 to 25" female are the fish that are reproducing
        smh

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          Have you ever fished Calcasieu?
          Naw man, I'm just jokin. Most of my fishing starts with bait you guys call trophy! I couldn't catch a limit of specs if my life depended on it. And that's throwing croaker to!

Comment

Naw man, I'm just jokin. Most of my fishing starts with bait you guys call trophy! I couldn't catch a limit of specs if my life depended on it. And that's throwing croaker to!
            That's because they are so rare and highly elusive.....

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              That's because they are so rare and highly elusive.....
              Naw, I couldn't catch a cold when it comes to those specks.... for 1 my boat won't run shallow enough and it's not even close to fast enough either.

If we fished out the same boat, you'd catch 10 to my 1.
              Now if it's grouper, tuna, wahoo n stuff like that. I'm coming home with full cooler

Comment

I wonder how they are going to regulate limits around the causeway? I have a place on the canals on the island. If I go a couple miles up the intercoastal I'll be north of the JFK causeway but could be over the limit coming home once south of the bridge...hypothetically. Gonna be tricky. I've encountered wardens down there that weren't nearly as nice as the Lone Star Law folks.

Comment

Originally posted by BW412 View Post
                  I wonder how they are going to regulate limits around the causeway? I have a place on the canals on the island. If I go a couple miles up the intercoastal I'll be north of the JFK causeway but could be over the limit coming home once south of the bridge...hypothetically. Gonna be tricky. I've encountered wardens down there that weren't nearly as nice as the Lone Star Law folks.
                  That's my concern. I typically put in at Marker 37 but one of my favorite spots is north of JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by BW412 View Post

It's simple, if you get checked south of the bridge with North of the bridge limits, you'll be over the limit. Regardless of where they were landed.

Kinda like the state water snapper regs, and fed water.

Comment

Good news is that the number of pounds of freezer burned trout thrown away every will decrease 100x

Comment

Does anyone just fish for fun? Why is keeping and eating fish such a big deal? Are you guys starving to death? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Leef View Post
                          Does anyone just fish for fun? Why is keeping and eating fish such a big deal? Are you guys starving to death? LOL
                          Why do you hunt! you just nature watch? Are you starving & need to kill a deer etc to eat?? LOL!!

Just like hunting. I love some fresh fried trout!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Why do you hunt! you just nature watch? Are you starving & need to kill a deer etc to eat?? LOL!!

Just like hunting. I love some fresh fried trout!
                            No doubt! Good point and I agree. Just don’t get those saying that if they can’t keep a bunch of fish that they won’t go anymore, or “it’s not worth it” to go.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                              My thought as well and I want to hear the rational explained.
                              Probably the same rationale that gave us the spike tag in AR counties.

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
                                How about some evidence that this legislation is necessary? Hell, how about catch and release only? Wouldn't that be better for fish numbers? Why not limit guides to one charter per 24 hr period?
                                I am surprised it isn't catch and release only. I expected them to do catch and release only for 4 months from JFK south. I think that was the original idea.

As far as one trip per 24 hour period that is much ado about nothing. Very few guides are running 2 trips a day regularly. It happens once in awhile and I run a very few doubles but I try really hard not to. Generally the only reason I'll run a double is if I have a really good customer in town and I am totally booked up, if I really like them I'll try to get 'em out on an evening trip.

I am good friends with over 50 fishing guides and out of all of us I bet we double around 5% of the time. Maybe in other areas they do it more, I don't know. I hear it all the time from non-guides but I don't hardly ever see guides in my area running doubles. And never triples. Not once have I ever seen a guide where I fish running 3 trips in a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X