• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Post 37 above.
    😂 that’s it! Looks so good, I’ve been meaning to try them

Comment

One way we make them is called Armadilla Eggs. Fry bacon and chop into small pieces. Mix bacon with cream cheese. Cut the jalapeños in half long ways and clean out seeds and ribs. Stuff the jalapeño halves with the cream cheese bacon and cook like that. Don’t have to wrap them — the bacon is inside. They are good this way. I like them both ways— bacon on the inside or bacon on the outside. Anything with bacon is good.

Comment

costco sells a elote street corn dip. I take this, some leftover chopped up brisket I have and a little cream cheese mixed. stuff em and bacon wrap em, toss on the pitboss for a bit and slap ya mamma they gooood!

Comment

[ATTACH]1040334[/ATTACH]
          I usually chop a lot of white onion in big chunks and mix with cream cheese. Add some seasoning, slap your momma or Cajun seasoning and bacon pieces. Core peppers and stuff with mixture. Wrap and put in smoker for awhile. Til peppers get really soft. Then throw on the grill to crisp up the bacon. I might try to add some corn in a few next time. The onion brings out a lot of flavor. Dip in ranch dressing.

Comment

HEB had some that had a piece of brisket along with the usual cream cheese and bacon wrap. All I can say is wow!!

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas folks. But I was just wondering if anyone had used pimento cheese instead of cream cheese. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

I'm only fan in house so I get the HEB ones from market...there great ....Thx for all the great diff ways to do..will try when I got more company.

Comment

Best ones I’ve ever made takes duck and boudin dip. I marinate the duck breasts, pound them a little flat. Put some boudin dip on them, put either fresh or pickled jalapeños down, do your best to wrap it up in high quality bacon and put some toothpicks in it! I love the kielbasa brand.

Boudin dip we make is just boudin with no casing (I used venison boudin I had made at Butcher’s Korner in Nederland), mix in a little cream cheese and sour cream with your favorite dry rub for a nice consistency.

Sprinkle more seasoning on the outside and put em in the smoker until done.

Comment

Just simple poppers, but the pimento cheese was pretty tasty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210214_132427.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	24644710

Comment

San Marcos pickled whole jalapeños split one side and seeded(cored). Cream cheese block with 1 tablespoon ranch dressing powder mixed in. Fill jalapeño with cream cheese. 1/2 dove breast butterflied and marinated in Italian dressing. Lay breast on jalapeño. Wrap with Black label bacon and cook in air fryer on 400 til bacon is crispy.

Comment

I’ll have to try those. Sounds great

Comment

Dragons Eggs

I haven’t tried them with pimento but it sounds good. I did create something I call “dragons eggs” though. Basically, they are jalapeños that are stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese mixture, and then coated in ground wild boar meat that has a spicy rub mixed in and then roll the whole thing in Panko bread crumbs and deep fry. They are a little spicy but amazing. Creamy, and crunchy.

P.S. If the picture didn’t work, it’s because I’m new to posting here.

Comment

Hunter X,

I’m trying your recipe, sounds amazing!

Comment

I love to use crumbled blue cheese. Even people who don't like blue cheese like these because it cooks some of the punch out of the cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X