LRGV East Lake 2/4-2/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV East Lake 2/4-2/7

This may be a long shot, but I am hunting the East Lake tract 2/4-2/7. I found a house about 25 minutes away that sleeps 12 and wanted to see if anyone is hunting that week and wanted to split the rent.

I would guess your hunt is getting moved to a different tract, I believe all East lake hunts have been changed this year. Probably not a big enough distance move to alter housing plans though. If I had a tag that weekend I would be interested, we rented an air bnb one year we were there and it was nice and convenient for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just rent a motel in Raymondville. That's what we did 3 years ago when we hunted East Lake. The map they sent us for this year's hunt on East Lake is the same tract as 3 years ago. I haven't heard of any change in locations.

Comment

Location did change. Got the email this morning. I rented a big house that is 15 minutes away if anyone needs a room. I was scared to stay at a motel with all my gear...

Comment

There's also an RV park really close by with electricity and water and a party room with restrooms showers pool tables couches and TV. There was a group of hunters tent camping there as well, it's right on the highway with easy access.

Comment

Checking in to see if y’all have had any luck this weekend...

Comment

I shot a nice bull on the first day. I met a guy that shot a bull and cow and his friend shot a bull as well. I saw a couple more guys hauling animals. This property (la sal de Rey) is loaded with Nilgai. I could have shot several more (at least 1 per day) but all I needed was one.

Comment

That’s a good report, I guess I’ll plan on making my hunt in a couple weeks, lol. I was hesitant driving all the way from midland if the new place was a dud. Glad y’all did good and maybe I’ll be able to fill a freezer after all.

Comment

PM me your number and I’ll give you some info on where the big group of bulls were hanging.

Originally posted by bigharge View Post
                  That’s a good report, I guess I’ll plan on making my hunt in a couple weeks, lol. I was hesitant driving all the way from midland if the new place was a dud. Glad y’all did good and maybe I’ll be able to fill a freezer after all.

Comment

Pm sent, although I’ll be hunting solo so get me some coordinates on some real small ones if you can lol

Comment

Working...
                    X