Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
    That mayor did a fine job in dismissing Orourke
    If that mayor was 20 years younger he would have stomped a mud hole in that fool. That is truly unbelievable to me. I can not phantom someone thinking it would be ok to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
      Back to the gun reg side. Instead of fighting every reg no matter what, I don't understand why we can't instead be proponents of what could help prevent shootings such as what just happened.

That’s because you still somehow believe that gun control has anything at all to do with stopping people from getting shot….when it most decidedly does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        That’s because you still somehow believe that gun control has anything at all to do with stopping people from getting shot….when it most decidedly does not.

BINGO!! I was hoping he'd figure it out for himself, when he was asked.......he didn't.

Comment

What I believe and know is that guns can be extremely dangerous, especially in the wrong hands and in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with having well thought out and smartly implemented laws or guidelines that recognize these dangers in an effort to prevent them getting in the wrong hands.

I would agree with you that curing all of the societal ills that have contributed to the mass shootings, as well as gun violence in general, is the ideal solution to stopping people from getting shot. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen any time soon, if ever.

Comment

Let me start by saying I’m not in favor of gun control. We need weapons to defend our selves not only from criminals but from those who would take our freedoms. That being said in countries with strict gun control laws mass shootings almost entirely do not exist. Gun control does work but the price is too steep.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              I hear you but in case you haven't noticed over the last few years these totally annoying "sqeaky wheels" are constantly winning... Hell we now have less than 15% of the population telling the rest of us how to live, what we can and can't say, how to act or not act and what we should be ashamed of..
              If we do not start fighting fire with fire they will win it all...
              Agreed

Comment

What I believe and know is that guns can be extremely dangerous, especially in the wrong hands and in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with having well thought out and smartly implemented laws or guidelines that recognize these dangers in an effort to prevent them getting in the wrong hands.
                How, who and where are these individuals going to do such? The same people that have elevated and placed Slo Jo and the Ho in the WH? The same people that give us Beto O'dork, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, AOC? Whoopi Goldberg?
                Please enlighten us as to who is going to make the decisions on who is the person with the "wrong hands". How is that decision made? Etc..........

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                  I honestly don't understand this sentiment. 18 kids have been gunned down in a school. We are all upset and appalled it happened. When are we supposed to talk about it? It's only natural that people want to understand it and talk through ways on how to prevent this from happening in the future.

If someone kicks the door in on your neighbors house and guns them down, you aren't allowed to discuss for 72 hours how best to prevent repeat occurrences in your community? Two things can happen at the same time.

I don't think TBH is solving any issue here on this thread.
                  IF so did you call your school and congressman give them the TBH big ideas?

The senseless arguments, and like your comment toward me is to instigate more confrontation is exactly the point I was trying to make. Hold yourself to a higher standard, but that was dumb of me think that people on an internet forum would do so. Enjoy your meaningful conversations, I have loved ones to hold.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                    BINGO!! I was hoping he'd figure it out for himself, when he was asked.......he didn't.
                    Y'all are right, gun control doesn't stop this. I believe in the 2A, but not everyone that has the right has the ability. Your Kid and my Kid are probably Ok at 18, but what about the kid in the skirt that doesn't know if he's a he or a she. I don't want that kid to be able to buy one. I also don't want that idiot voting, but our law says he can. What do we do about that?

And yes at 18 most are still Kids.

Comment

1. There is no such thing as “well thought out and smartly implemented” when it comes to those who want to legislate firearm laws…ZERO. Even if that were the actual goal, they are too collectively stupid to even approach it….and again, they don’t care one whit about making anyone safer but themselves.

2. The more the government attempts to regulate something, the worse regulation we actually wind up with. It’s been proven over and over again. All they would succeed in is instantly creating a black market, and more competition, and crime surrounding it.

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post
                        Let me start by saying I’m not in favor of gun control. We need weapons to defend our selves not only from criminals but from those who would take our freedoms. That being said in countries with strict gun control laws mass shootings almost entirely do not exist. Gun control does work but the price is too steep.

See post 497 from Pg 10.

The US is actually in the lower half of the spectrum when it comes to mass shootings when compared to numerous other countries.

If one were to remove school incidents due to a lot of them being “soft targets”, that number per million would be even lower.

As mentioned before, it’s really not about the gun per se. The gun is the vessel, it’s about control. We have more than enough laws on the books regulating firearms already. Enforce the laws, actually prosecute real violations and make the penalties stiff.

Comment

1. There is no such thing as “well thought out and smartly implemented” when it comes to those who want to legislate firearm laws…ZERO. Even if that were the actual goal, they are too collectively stupid to even approach it….and again, they don’t care one whit about making anyone safer but themselves.

2. The more the government attempts to regulate something, the worse regulation we actually wind up with. It’s been proven over and over again. All they would succeed in is instantly creating a black market, and more competition, and crime surrounding it.

Well by all means then, carry on. Let's sit back, do nothing, and b___ & moan about everybody and everything else every time something like this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post

They just have mass stabbings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              Y'all are right, gun control doesn't stop this. I believe in the 2A, but not everyone that has the right has the ability. Your Kid and my Kid are probably Ok at 18, but what about the kid in the skirt that doesn't know if he's a he or a she. I don't want that kid to be able to buy one. I also don't want that idiot voting, but our law says he can. What do we do about that?

And yes at 18 most are still Kids.
                              2A protects everyone, even the one's you don't like but a strong argument could be made to raise the legal age of purchase to 21.

Comment

. That being said in countries with strict gun control laws mass shootings almost entirely do not exist. Gun control does work but the price is too steep.
                                Historically, America has always had easy access to guns, yet school shootings are a relatively modern occurrence.
                                Guns were far more common in early American homes then they are now.
                                I think we should understand why this is happening now as opposed to decades ago and that will inform how we go about solving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X