She Announced Her Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She Announced Her Retirement

My wife has been a stay at home mom for the last 18 years. When she got pregnant with the twins, she put herself on bedrest (not how it is supposed to work) and decided she'd stay home to raise our 4 girls. Well, those twins will graduate HS next Wednesday and are headed off to college, the older girls are married off and my lovely wife announced her official retirement to me yesterday. My reply, "Retire from what?" Not the reply she was looking for.

She said, and I'm paraphrasing: "My career has been as a stay-at-home Mom for most of my adult life. My job was to wipe butts, tears, scrapes and messes. I've washed, cooked, cleaned and picked up after all of you. I've been a taxi service, a chef, a team mom, a cheerleader, a delivery driver, a counselor, a warden, a general and a maid. Now, I've worked myself out of a job and so I'm just gonna be a stay-at-home WIFE and you can just spoil me for a while."

I don't think that is how any of this is supposed to work. Also, I don't think she realizes that I'm not fully raised to maturity yet.

Looks like something nice should show up in the driveway in short order! My suggestion would be something like a boat, motorcycle or zero turn for “her”. Congrats, my youngest is just graduating daycare.

Comment

Except that you still have a business to run.

Comment

Well it turns out she’s not qualified for the position and you need to replace her send me a PM and I’ll spot you my resume. There several tasks I refuse to perform (we can hire professionals) but I’ll always be ready for a hunting or fishing trip and not complain once about how much you spend on needed equipment.

Comment

Told mine she was done 4 years ago. My time is coming...

Comment

Thats classic. Well done MrCurt. Spoil her teets off.

My wife quits all the time. Dang if she dont circle back around. I get flanked on the regular.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Except that you still have a business to run.
              She didn't say anything about me retiring. I'll have to work to fund her retirement and put two more girls through college.

Comment

LOL! Congrats.

Comment

congrats on ya'lls new life together!
                  I hope she doesn't go skitzo with the empty nest syndrome

Comment

I guess this means you have to cook and clean for both of yall now, on top of your day job? Or are you just gonna order more McRibs?

Comment

You could always not accept the resignation

Comment

Go Jenn go!

Spoil by taking her fly fishing in Montana , dove hunting in Argentina, safari in S Africa….you get the plot

Comment

Well, you could just fire her before she retires, but I wouldn’t recommend it!
                          (I’ll talk to her about it for you.)

My wife hasn’t held a job in 43 years!
                          Last edited by Burnadell; 05-22-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Congrats on her retirement. Stay at home mom is still a very respected career in my book. Investing in the family daily & the sacrifices she probably made is deserving of her retirement
                            Now her career takes a whole new turn continuing to raise you

Comment

Uh oh. Jenny’s a retired mom with an empty nest. When it happened with me and mine(in a former life) it gave her plenty of time to start focusing on all of my flaws and it seemed that I had plenty. Word from the wise……..a little “Whiksky” can sure come in handy on occasions. JK. Good luck on y’all’s next chapter Curt.

Oh and BTW. The “Whiksky” is for you not her. Unless………
                              Last edited by Gumbo Man; 05-22-2022, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X