2022. College baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    I’ve only followed Ags but love seeing all the Texas teams in the hunt. I do not know how regional/super selections work but I’d love to see 1/4 of the college World Series Texas Teams.

Ags are on fire and have the momentum. It’s crazy what a solid coach can do for a program. Going to Omaha is on my sports bucket list. Let’s keep rolling Ags.

No, I don’t agree with canceling midweek games but that’s way above my pay grade and there was obviously a bigger decision. Sip fans hate Ags Success so it’ll obviously be beaten to death. 6 SEC Series wins in a row, no big deal because y’all didn’t play Big Bad Incarnate Word
    I agree with ya up until your Sip comment.

I root for the horns and root for aggies as well. It doesn't have to be an "us vs. them" situation. Geez...keep it classy. Aggies have been on fire at the right time...good for them.

Hope both teams go deep in the post season

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      He’s got the yips! Bad. He’s been coming out of the pen the last few weeks. It’s hard to watch. He might be done in a spot that matters. Hope I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      He went through that at Tech as well. Then all of a sudden he had it again. Maybe someone needs to go look at the videos and see what they did. Maybe it’s a head problem. I always liked him. I hope he finds it again.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
        He went through that at Tech as well. Then all of a sudden he had it again. Maybe someone needs to go look at the videos and see what they did. Maybe it’s a head problem. I always liked him. I hope he finds it again.

I hope he finds it too. We need the depth. We are too thin at pitching with a good Micah Dallas.

Comment

updated baseball news/projections as of today 5/18/22 from D1 Baseball

After cancelling their home game vs. Incarnate Word, A&M loses 1 spot in the D1 Baseball RPI rankings. Overall RPI went from 20 to 21. https://d1baseball.com/nitty-gritty

Here are some of the projected regionals and hosts, of course regional pairings will change after this weekend.

Aggies are currently predicted as the overall 9 seed and would host a regional (TCU, UTSA, McNeese). They are paired up with overall 8 seed Louisville (Wofford, Ole Miss, Wright State) who would host the Supers if both schools win their regionals. A&M would likely host the Supers if Louisville gets upset.

TT is currently ranked 15, and would host a regional (LSU, Arizona, Campbell). Winner is matched up with Corvallis Region (OK, Grand Canyon, N Dakota St). Beaver State is the overall #2 seed.

Texas would travel to the Fayetteville regional (Texas, LA Tech, SE MO St.) as Arkansas is the overall 13 seed. Regional winner is matched up with Miami who is the overall 4 seed.

Comment

Texas needs to sweep Kansas and let the cards fall where they may

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The only strategy now is to win it all.

Comment

Just win baby!

Comment

2022. College baseball

So the ags lost a little after not playing.

Honest question, would they have lost more by winning?

I honestly do not know.

Comment

if the answer is yes, then the "ranking" system needs to be adjusted/corrected.

Comment

It needs corrected, either way.

Comment

Good luck to everyone ahead of this big weekend. Will be fun to see how this gets sorted out in the coming days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          So the ags lost a little after not playing.

Honest question, would they have lost more by winning?

I honestly do not know.

The answer is yes. We swept an SEC team and dropped in RPI. Beating Incarnate Word by 50, we’d have dropped even more. The system is flawed.

According to D1baseball: the Ags RPI is at 18 this morning. One spot behind Texas. I’m guessing midweek games hurt some other teams and allowed us to move up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Texas needs to sweep Kansas and let the cards fall where they may

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            I’m sure the Texas coaches know this, but Kansas stacks their pitching on Sunday. They pitch in reverse with the hopes of winning one game. It makes them very hard to sweep. Stupid way to coach in my mind but I guess winning one in three is good enough for him.

Comment

Tuesday nights game was pretty cool to watch with Melendez and Contreras swinging the sticks. They grew up together playing ball and they're currently sitting No.1 and No.2 on the RBI list with 88 and 80 in 51 games. Good to see them cutting it up when Contreras finally got on base.

Comment

Follow along with the most accurate college baseball RPI updated daily as the Road to Omaha continues.

Weird….when I click on it, it shows we’re at 18.

Comment

Working...
                                X