Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water well install / cost question

Questions about water wells…

I am looking to install a water well on my property.

As of right now I don’t have any structures on the property. In the future I plane on building a shop and house.

Currently just using a travel trailer.

Question…

1. Not knowing exactly where my shop/ house will sit…how far away can I put my well from a structure?

2. Cost – was quoted 20K last year…now its 30K what is the fair going rate? (In Hamilton area)?

Put it wherever you want. You will just have to make sure you size your pump and pipe for your distance.

Comment

There isn't a limit per se however the further you are away the more cost there will be associated with the pump size, trenching, pipe work, etc. I know that sounds straightforward but there is a reason most aren't located more than 30 yards away.

Comment

Not to scare you but most well by you are now close to triple in cost

I've been in contact w several in the are north of Waco and the going rate is around 80$ per foot- that's just the drill out and cap setup
        You still need to set the pump/tank setup

Also you have to apply w trinity water and get approved..also plan it where it's not close to where you will have septic and also pressure cement case the area to get it closer

Comment

Mine cost $25/ft last fall (330’) to drill, case and cement.
          Brown County.

I put mine about 100’ away from my barn. It’s where the “water Witcher” and i had the best response.

Comment

Many counties now are requiring to own at least 5 acs to be able to drill a well. I was quoted last November $35/ft. I am on a waiting list to get one drilled in Kerr co.

Check here for the depths that your neighbors may have had to drill to.

The mission of the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) is to lead the state's efforts in ensuring a secure water future for Texas and its citizens. Our mission is a vital part of Texas' overall vision and the state's mission and goals that relate to maintaining the viability of the state's natural resources, health, and economic development.

Comment

I beliee there is a minimal distance from well to septic system. Least there was I did mine in Tavis county a long time ago.

Comment

Ask the driller about test drilling first. Was $10 a foot for me. Sucks to spend $25 + and not hit water. Also make sure it’s a good company that drills.. last guy that drilled for me was shady.. the driller I used before him was great, but passed away. My new driller now has been great too. Not sure if he would travel that far, but could ask if you’re interested in him. One of our wells is exactly 1/2 a mile from where our house and barn is. Get the appropriate size pump and run. I used 2” poly on mine from well to house/barn. Probably should’ve went bigger, but it works good

Comment

Put it where you have power

Comment

Working...
                  X