2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Ive only came across them 1 time. That was at the boat ramp right there on 61st thats puts into offets(?). Castnetting under lights at night there were hundreds. And yes, one of those little buggers latched on the tip of my finger and bit/poked the crap out of me. We ended up using them for bait for gaftop. Never caught one in a net since
    Thats intresting! I had no idea they had teeth. I was looking at one of them and he bit the crap out if me! Also saw them squirt the Black inkl out. Really kind of cool little critter

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
      Thats intresting! I had no idea they had teeth. I was looking at one of them and he bit the crap out if me! Also saw them squirt the Black inkl out. Really kind of cool little critter
      I think its more like a beak, and the poke you with it.

Comment

We caught some last weekend in our canal in Sargent. Yea, it's a beak, and the sound you make when they stick you isn't your most manly sound.

Comment

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

The boys and I caught a few wading yesterday evening along the south shoreline of West Matagorda and picked off a few in the surf mid day today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Job well done

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
              We caught some last weekend in our canal in Sargent. Yea, it's a beak, and the sound you make when they stick you isn't your most manly sound.
              Glad im not the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                The boys and I caught a few wading yesterday evening along the south shoreline of West Matagorda and picked off a few in the surf mid day today.

I know that spot pretty well in that first pic

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  I know that spot pretty well in that first pic

That island is a dead give away [emoji23]

Comment

Got em on that small window in the surf on Saturday. Had 10 on the stringers but came out with 9. Must have gotten sharked and didn’t notice. It was on the rough side.

Comment

Awesome!!!
                      Nothing like getting into those surf trout!

I dang sure miss living in Freeport, and being able to get to the surf in 10 min or less.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Man I love me some surf trout for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post

Got em on that small window in the surf on Saturday. Had 10 on the stringers but came out with 9. Must have gotten sharked and didn’t notice. It was on the rough side.
                            Nice!

I ventured out to WMB yesterday and picked up 4 slot reds and a 20 inch trout. All still swimming. The wind was brutal but found a few in the back lakes. It was nice to get back in the salt!

This wind needs to chill!

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                              Question. If someone has a boat but rarely fishes the coast is it ethical to hire a guide to gain knowledge and use this info to fish your own boat assuming this person would let the guide know his intent while fishing with him.
                              Did this regularly when I was guiding. I would take the customer’s boat, show them where to run safely, how to properly run their boat, mixed in with some fishing and education on what and when to look for at that particular time of year.
                              I still have some of those customers calling me for trips even though they have boats. I don’t see any harm in it, just be certain to let them know your intentions. Before the trip. I am sure nearly every guide has had at least one experience where people have dropped pins on every stop.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                                Anyone ever been fishing with Jay Watkins or his son? My wife surprised me with a trip with him for my birthday coming up. Most likely will be in September seeing he’s booked up till August.. August is just to dang hot sometimes.
                                I’d wait and set up a fall/winter trip. Would be a good time for numbers and size. Might get lucky and catch a cooler weather window too.

Comment

Working...
                                X