Refugio Info Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refugio Info Requested

I am looking at a lease by the Fennesy ranch just south of Refugio. Looks very promising also looks to be low land area that can flood. Anybody know about the quality of the deer in these necks of the woods and any other info would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

I think you can find some good deer in that area depending on the property and management. A lot of land down that way is very flat and crop land as well that can certainly be EXTREMELY wet when the area gets a lot of rain.... Critters are used to it so don't think it affects them, but can make it tough to get around depending on the ranch.

Comment

Mosquitoes, hogs, and lots of deer, did I mention mosquitoes? I think realistically you can see 140s regularly if the fenessey is on your fence line. No doubt that area can grow deer in the 160s given the appropriate feed and management. A 4wheeler or really good utv with mud tires will get you around when it rains. Doesn’t take much water to get slick over that way.

Comment

Sounds like you will be between the Fennessey and the O'Connor. Great area for deer and pigs. Never seen standing water but sure low areas can flood. Lots of low land. Grew up in Corpus. Sometimes when we were bored on a full moon we would drive all the way out there just to drive down 774 and see big deer. Great opportunity if you can find something available out there. Leases over in that area are hard to come by.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Yes we are looking at 3 O’Conner tracts so around 2100 acres. Misquotes are gonna be awful but you take the good with the bad. We are told the duck hunting is almost better than the deer hunting. We have 3 good size ponds and border the Misson river so we are excited about that.

Comment

Great area with some really nice deer! Don’t have to worry about the skeeters this year it’s dry as a bone

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
              Thanks for the feedback. Yes we are looking at 3 O’Conner tracts so around 2100 acres. Misquotes are gonna be awful but you take the good with the bad. We are told the duck hunting is almost better than the deer hunting. We have 3 good size ponds and border the Misson river so we are excited about that.
              Fishing will be good! Depending on how far up the river…Reds, gator gar, catfish. Ducks/geese too. Best of luck, great area of Texas for a deer lease.

Comment

Working...
              X