No announcement yet.

Property Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ours went up to over $200k more than a what we paid to have it built last year. Only thing I can say is we (TEXANS) need to all start working together to try and fix this issue. Many people will be taxed out of their homes much sooner than later at this current trend. Me being one of those people if my taxes continue to keep rising like they are. and I have 25 years until I can lock my taxes in........thats a hard pill to swallow for me!

Comment

Non elected people in charge of taxation is NEVER a good or even reasonable thing. Our elected official's way to pass the buck. Need a new state Constitutional amendment. Oh I almost forgot, $200,000.00 increase for me in Montgomery county. Dang thieves!

I purchased my house for less than that!
      Last edited by E.TX.BOWHUNTER; 04-21-2022, 12:30 PM.

Comment

What about 1st time home buyers, I don't see how they will be able to ever own a home.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
          That’s $ 20,147.06 per acre!!!!
          My parents have raw land with highway frontage in Bastrop county. It just got upped to 40,000 an acre.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
            My parents have raw land with highway frontage in Bastrop county. It just got upped to 40,000 an acre.
            wonder what would happen if Texans as a whole just decided not to pay property taxes? the appraisal districts blame the state and the state says they have no control over the appraisal districts so..............lets just get rid of property taxes all together.

Comment

I'm glad I saw this thread. I about fell out of the chair when I opened ours yesterday! May not do any good but I will definitely be protesting!!
              Last edited by Jay-J; 04-21-2022, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Mine went up about 110% they have my raw land at 68K per acre. House will be on the market in 3 weeks.

Comment

Mine went up 10% as did everyone else I know in the neighborhood. Had a realtor pull comps. Prices are ridiculous right now so there's very little leverage for appeal. Harris County dang sure hasn't provided me 10% better anything but all the folks spending stupid money on 1950s houses sure has made the "value" go up.

Comment

One day people will band together and………well never mind
                    People will continue to vote for idiots and approved bonds that lead to tax hikes.
                    What needs to happen is no one who don’t own property should be allowed to vote on things that will increase taxes. In reality a max of 4K should be imposed and the taxing agencies should be made to live inside that budget

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      Mine went up about 110% they have my raw land at 68K per acre. House will be on the market in 3 weeks.
                      What part of Liberty Hill do you live in? We live off CR 214, in the Hidden Creek Estates subdivision. Ours tripled and we are thinking about selling. House is going to be 1 year old on May 7th.

This **** is ridiculous and Liberty Hill passed a $491 million dollar bond last year. My taxes are never going down.

Comment

Reading this thread has me thinking I won't go to the mailbox till Monday. I want to enjoy my weekend.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
                          How did you win Trans Pecos? I have seen on here before that the appraisal district hates to go to binding arbitration. Fill us in please.
                          In the past I have used their own info against them, but it is harder and harder to find property with lower appraisals.

Most people don’t know you can request the CAD comps to see what they are using. It’s around a $40 charge.

The arbitrators are usually retired real estate agents or attorneys. I have found if I keep my argument simple, cherry pick 4 or 5 good comps, and make it 3 pages long, I have had success.

The CAD will have 30 pages plus. Most arbitrators want to meet in the middle between what the two parties are demanding. They do multiple arbitrations per day. A simple, clear, executive summary type presentation goes a long way.

Comment

I check the CAD assessments in our area every couple of years and they must really have it down well.... because almost everyones is the same.

Comment

Travis county. Went up huge amount--but is completely supported. In fact, still undervalued. Will kill me slowly at 10% per year.

Comment

Only other option is state income tax. NO THANK YOU!! I still believe there should be a 15% consumption tax on everything you buy, minus primary home. That way all the people using cash from drug deals or other shady transactions will still have to pay their fair share. All other taxes should be eliminated.
                                Last edited by Dr. Evil; 04-21-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X