No announcement yet.

Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dabbled in some velocity shares a while back and that turned out to be a bad deal. They just track companies and not actually have assets. Lost some money but learned some things. Recently I’ve been looking at overall drops YTD to see if the companies are like are discounted enough. Some companies typically have a consistent price and pay dividends and hoping they bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't mean to high jack ya thread but whats yalls thought on gush?

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
        I'm wondering the same thing. Looking at getting into the market myself.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
          Never heard of it. What is the company, what do they do, and are they profitable?

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
            Bought some SPY and QQQ puts for mid May this afternoon....
            I’ll bite, you expecting the index’s to take a big hit in 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
              Bought some SPY and QQQ puts for mid May this afternoon....

Same here. May and June puts on spy, sdow, sds etc too. think it’s about run it’s course. Had a hell of a ride on way up with options and underlyings but I just can’t see it holding, too soon too fast. Try and catch a ride down and hunt my way back up the Mtn again.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                You just answered my question with 12 questions! Twelve!! Maybe I should have been more vague in my question. I guess I opened myself up for an interrogation.

I'm going to try to answer 12 questions in a few sentences. I am not a stockaholic!! I don't go through the 12 step program you outlined above!! I usually buy stocks on a whim. I do a little bit of research and decide if I want to but a stock. If it looks good to me I might buy it. I tend to hold on to the stocks I buy because, well, I don't pay close enough attention to the market or the individual stocks. Sometimes my dabbling works out and sometimes it doesn't.
                If you don't do your research on these fundamentals, you are not investing. You might as well go play the slot machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  If you don't do your research on these fundamentals, you are not investing. You might as well go play the slot machines.

I don’t always agree with you but this is [emoji817]% correct. The information and research is out there and very easy to find. There are lots of good ideas from the redneck network on tbh etc but you need to educate yourself and make sure you are making very calculated decisions. Don’t get you’re face ripped off

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                    I don’t always agree with you but this is [emoji817]% correct. The information and research is out there and very easy to find. There are lots of good ideas from the redneck network on tbh etc but you need to educate yourself and make sure you are making very calculated decisions. Don’t get you’re face ripped off
                    Any suggestions on where one can educate themselves on how to PROPERLY research a stock and what to look for and avoid?

I have an account with TD Ameritrade and have spent quite a bit of time reading and watching under the education tab and have learned a little bit

I already had my "face ripped off" about 15 years ago blindly buying on the recommendation of some folks I was working with.
                    Took me this long to make another attempt and would like to do have better results

Comment

How do I go about to buying stock?

I am ready to invest, have $1,200 from good Ol Trump to get started- maybe one day I will be rich like him with the money he gave me..

Comment

RiverRat. Easy is just use a paper check on an App like E*TRADE. You take a photo of front and back and it takes a few days to be able to invest it. Has to clear bank. Go ahead and open an account and start researching a few stocks. You can either set a point to buy if stocks drop to that price or you can buy at market price. Friday afternoon would have been as good a time as any as the market made a little correction and fell off Thursday/Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          Any suggestions on where one can educate themselves on how to PROPERLY research a stock and what to look for and avoid?

I have an account with TD Ameritrade and have spent quite a bit of time reading and watching under the education tab and have learned a little bit

I already had my "face ripped off" about 15 years ago blindly buying on the recommendation of some folks I was working with.
                          Took me this long to make another attempt and would like to do have better results
                          Brian, honestly, I don’t know, but I am sure there e are books available to teach these things, but I don’t know which one to suggest. I learned to read a balance sheet and income statement in accounting classes in college. I furthered that through years as a commercial banker lending to businesses, although deciding whether to lend a corporation money vs investing in it is somewhat different. Then 27 years in the investment business has added more callouses and understanding. There are some good books out there to read, and I’m sure someone will mention some.

The stock market is fickle. It can and does humble the most seasoned investors. Investing in stocks is not a sure thing, and there will be losers. The key is to have your winners outnumber your losers. Reggie Jackson did not hit home runs every time he stepped up to bat.

Most people would not hesitate to call a repairman to fix their air conditioner or whatever when they could learn to do it themselves, yet they will do whatever they can to save fees when investing and “go it on their own” with no idea what they are doing. The systems are in place for folks to invest, but they should have the knowledge to know what they are doing. The best way to make money in the market is to try not to lose it first!

Comment

Never heard of it. What is the company, what do they do, and are they profitable?
                            I looked at it. This is not a company/stock.

It is a LEVERAGED ETF: Direxion Dly S&P Oil&Gs Ex&Prd Bl 3X ETF

Unless you know what you are investing in, know how it reacts to the movements of its components, and accept that risk, I would not suggest it. It is not for the faint of heart.

Comment

I looked at it. This is not a company/stock.

It is a LEVERAGED ETF: Direxion Dly S&P Oil&Gs Ex&Prd Bl 3X ETF

Unless you know what you are investing in, know how it reacts to the movements of its components, and accept that risk, I would not suggest it. It is not for the faint of heart.

I second him on this. I played with them for a bit and they are sketchy. Stock it tracks goes up, it goes up at a multiplied rate. Stock goes down it goes down. Stock goes up and it goes down [emoji52]. It goes down to much, it’s triggers a reverse split. They are high risk and only way I made money was by minute trading these things and that still had a pucker factor. If wanting to trade these then you have the same risk of the slot machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Tons of good info.

Comment

Working...
                                X