Ranger rear seat build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger rear seat build.

I’ve been wanting to build one of those rear seats for the bed of my ranger for a while now. Finally got a little free time the last two evenings so I started on one. Here’s what I’ve got so far. Everything is just tacked up for now since I’ve just kind of planning as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Cool build, should have a lot of fun with that.

Comment

I was thinking about adding another section of ladder that would fold down but it’s easy enough to just step on the tire. Also had planned to put a shooting rail on the roof. For now I’m thinking about just throwing a sack of corn up there to rest a rifle on. I’m not sure if I want to build a shelf under the seat or not. I like the idea of having one. I just think it will make loading animals a little tough since I can’t lower my tailgate with the feeder installed. Hopefully I can get the seat cushions made this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So I am planning on building a seat just like it on my 2015 crew 900. I may get back with before I actually get started to pick your brain for any pitfalls or things you discovered that would now do differently.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

That's gonna be awesome

Comment

Very nice! and helluva shop, I am jealous...

Comment

Looks really good! I really love the one I built. My daughter and I hunted off of it this past weekend one evening. The kids griped that they needed a foot rest added, but I didn't want to kill the space and found that my Yeti 20 and Rtic 40 coolers fit in the space perfectly and make for the right height foot rest. Problem solved.

Comment

Looks good! I look forward to progress pics

Comment

I got a little done sewing up the seat cushions today. That home economics class I took so many years ago did come in handy for something after all.

Comment

I could actually probably finish it tonight. But the hunting at the house is hard to pass up right now.

Comment

Nice job!!

Comment

Please chain the bed down. The latches are very weak and will flip with the top heavy weight. Seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                              Please chain the bed down. The latches are very weak and will flip with the top heavy weight. Seen it.

Yeah I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to do that. I think I might just run a bolt straight through the bed frame and through the chassis frame on both sides. That way it also keeps it from squeaking too.

Comment

Working...
                              X