Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baofeng

Comment

Got a pick of your set up with box Jason ?

Comment

$30-35 get an att prepaid phone. thats what i had to go to in brownwood.... i pay for the data plan which is 6gb and runs $40 a month and hotspot that phone

Comment

Edited: what other antenna are you using in your favorite blind that stays in place ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
            Edited: what other antenna are you using in your favorite blind that stays in place ? Thanks

Forgot about this....going to get pics now..

Comment

Here is my portable unit. It’s small, light and easy to carry/set up.

Box with Yeti cup on it to show scale size. $4 tool box at Walmart.

Box open with antenna, battery and cradle shown. Phone has to ride in cradle to work. Battery is connected via 12 volt cigarette light connection. Antenna is the upgraded antenna bought here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It comes with an antenna but it is smaller one less powerful one and while it works, I figured for $20, I'd just make sure I have a better chance to get signal.

The cradle also has a USB port on teh side so you can buy a 3-4" Lightning cable ro whatever yoru phone uses to charge your phone while you use it. Its a win win on all counts. You can see the cable at the botyom of the cradle

Everything packed in for travel or hauling to stand/popup. Battery is velcroed strapped in place.

Last edited by Smart; 11-17-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Here is my portable unit. It’s small, light and easy to carry/set up.

Box with Yeti cup on it to show scale size. $4 tool box at Walmart.

Box open with antenna, battery and cradle shown. Phone has to ride in cradle to work. Battery is connected via 12 volt cigarette light connection. Antenna is the upgraded antenna bought here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It comes with an antenna but it is smaller one less powerful one and while it works, I figured for $20, I'd just make sure I have a better chance to get signal.

The cradle also has a USB port on teh side so you can buy a 3-4" Lightning cable ro whatever yoru phone uses to charge your phone while you use it. Its a win win on all counts. You can see the cable at the botyom of the cradle

Everything packed in for travel or hauling to stand/popup. Battery is velcroed strapped in place.

Thanks Jason really appreciate it. We are building a couple boxes and will install the upgrade antennas in some main locations.

Comment

Thanks Jason really appreciate it. We are building a couple boxes and will install the upgrade antennas in some main locations.

Holy hell I butchered that typing early this am with no coffee. Gotta proofread my shizzle[emoji23]

You’re welcome. Having them in place in your blinds is real convenient . I have a battery on solar and the better antenna in my best blind that needs it and my pig blind here close to home. That portable unit is for my pop ups or sitting in a blind somewhere else that is not mine. Works well

Comment

Jason, thanks for all your help, R&D and sharing, we just tested our first box and went from text taking 10-15 minutes to send or flatout failing to Streaming videos and watch DirectTV from out stands with pretty much no service before.

Comment

Jason, thanks for all your help, R&D and sharing, we just tested our first box and went from text taking 10-15 minutes to send or flatout failing to Streaming videos and watch DirectTV from out stands with pretty much no service before.

That’s great results! Glad to help!...

Comment

Jason,

I took mine out this week but couldn't get much more than 1 bar at best. I bought the larger antenna like yours but the connector doesn't match up. Did you have to use an extra connector for yours?

Comment

Swampa....that antenna matches my booster....it was recommended to me by the WeBoost. I used no extra fittings.

Did one bar not help? I know at times one bar is a blessing in my best blind in the hole ..

Comment

I went from zero to an intermittent 1 bar. Definitely better than nothing just hoping to try and keep a steady signal. On a positive, I now have LTE at my camper! Thanks for the help[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best way to communicate w/o cellular?

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                              I went from zero to an intermittent 1 bar. Definitely better than nothing just hoping to try and keep a steady signal. On a positive, I now have LTE at my camper! Thanks for the help[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. You’re welcome.

You might call WeBoost about your fitting issue or ask for adapter help. They have been great with help for me over the years.
                              Last edited by Smart; 11-26-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X