Fun with PVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun with PVC

Hey guys, this is my well head I use to keep my pond full. There is no pressure pump. I just turn on the pump occasionally to top off the pond in the summer.

The 1 1/4 pipe you see feeds in to 400 ft of 2" pvc that goes to the pond.

I want to tee off the 1 1/4 pipe with another valve and poly insert so I can attach some 2" poly pipe to it.

I will have a valve on each pipe so I can turn one off an the other on. My question is does it really matter which section of the elbow I tie in to?

I have done quite a bit of armature PVC piping work in my life and I hate having to tie into rigid pipe that is already set like this because I never can seem to get everything the right when l try to squeeze it back together.

Anyway, on either the horizontal or vertical piece of pipe I am going to cut out a section and put a ball valve and T to run the poly pipe off of.

Where would you put it? Any secrets on making it fit back together snug and leak proof? There is probably more play in the horizontal section once it is cut.
    Attached Files

You got the gist of it, the horizontal would be my choice because of more play.

Comment

might be able to use a compression coupler. Not sure if they make those with a tee or not. Never looked for one. I have used compression couplers a few time to fix a leak on my line from the water meter to our house.

Comment

Vertical since you most likely don't have enough room on the horizontal to add a tee and a valve and still have enough play to get it all in there.

Comment

If it were me, I'd put a tee on the horizontal with a valve on the new pipe then put the 2nd valve on the vertical side of the elbow.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did that exact thing with mine. With a large ball valve to the stock tank I can feather the pressure on my lay flat to the large sprinklers so PSI dont build up to much on my submersible.
            Attached Files

Comment

I would go in the horizonal piece. I have had good luck using a dremel with a flapper wheel on the inside of a coupling. Remove the step down and open it the ID up just a TINY bit so that the coupling will slide. Remove a section of pipe, prime both cut ends, prime the coupling, install coupling to one side. Apply glue to both ends of the pipe, slide coupling over and let her rip.

Comment

No more than we're looking at, I cut it off at the ground and start completely over with everything you want if youre worried about about a leak

Comment

Put a manifold on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    No more than we're looking at, I cut it off at the ground and start completely over with everything you want if youre worried about about a leak
                    This is where I am at.

Comment

I agree with Quackerbox.

Comment

Also while I'm I dry fitting my pipe I usually mark it with a perm marker so when wet fitting I can quickly and easily see where to align it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Horizontal side is where I would work off of as well. Quick job

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                            Horizontal side is where I would work off of as well. Quick job
                            tell me again how many water main leaks your brother has had at this house...

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                              I did that exact thing with mine. With a large ball valve to the stock tank I can feather the pressure on my lay flat to the large sprinklers so PSI dont build up to much on my submersible.
                              This was my concern also JP. Guy who drilled my well said make sure I didn't hinder the flow and put pressure on the pump.

I like your idea of being able to feather the the pressure. I planned on doing that but do I really need a bigger ball valve than the 1 1/4?

Quackerbox, i am considering your idea also.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X