Attorney Question in San Antonio for ATF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney Question in San Antonio for ATF

Ok so yesterday I received a letter from the ATF about having a illegal silencer. I do not, I do not even have a cleaning kit as they call them. I would like to get a local attorneys advice on how to proceed. Now I have heard the argument they cant or shouldn't. But neither do I want the mess they can try to start with me. Funds are limited. Any leads would be appreciated and if someone has been through this I am listening.

You need to consult a federal criminal attorney. In San Antonio, I’d recommend John Convery or Dan Flanary.

Comment

What is it you have that they could be confusing as an illegal suppressor? I'm guessing you purchased something from a company they've since shut down, seized sales records and are now notifying purchasers. If that's the case there will be several others in your same position, you may try to link up with them through Reddit or similar.

Comment

In to see what they may or may not be talking about

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Scary stuff but just a thought. A scam?? Check the letterhead and document very carefully for authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            In to see what they may or may not be talking about

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Same !! Sounds crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at the documents closely to make sure it is not signed by Beto.

Comment

Certified?

Comment

What is the letter requesting of you...to contact local ATF??

Comment

History of the National Firearms Act All eyes are on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) right now. The ATF is the regulatory agency for the firearms industry, which gives it the power to interpret and apply federal laws governing firearms. Two laws of particular importance are the National Firearms Act (“NFA”)

Comment

Sounds like it's not too big of a deal or a scam, I would think they would be knocking on your door. Sending a letter gives someone a chance to dump the illegal item.

Comment

Not sure I would trust a letter being sent. If you’re concerned, give your local ATF office a call and talk to an Agent, I’m leaning scam.

Comment

It’s not a scam. I saw a video about this recently. Have you ever purchased anything from a company called diversified machine?

The ATF has sent letters to customers of Diversified Machine informing them they might be in violation of the National Firearms Act of 1934

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So it came in a fed ex envelope will need to see if it is certified and they want me to call them within 30 days. I do not ever remember buying anything even close to being a suppressor or cleaning kit. Which to my understanding the cleaning kit is legal as long as they are not drilled out. But I do not have one. Any adapters I have bought are for a sleeve to screw on over the compensator to forward the blast. But no end caps or drilling is done. Will post some pics. But the truth is I bought the parts on ebay and they do not have that name diversified machine on the accts. lets see if anybody else has gotten one. yes it is not a scam a few videos coming out already

Comment

This the letter?

Its no scam. Lawyering up might not be a bad idea.

Either do what they say or be prepared to make a stand and fight. Dont ignore it.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by mmoses; 01-01-2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X