Eating carp.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eating carp.....

I'm wanting to go shoot some carp and cook them. But I don't know the first thing about making them taste worth a dang. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make carp taste good? Are there a lot of bones to deal with?

Cut the rib meat out and trim out the dark meat. But honestly not worth the hassle of dealing with the rib bones. Taste like catfish when fried.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Please spare us the old "throw the carp out and eat the wood plank" crap. Kinda got old 10 years ago.

Anyway some people pressure cook them into patties.

Comment

I know some guys that love eating them but they make soup out of them. Or their wives do......somebody does.

Comment

I've heard they are good pressure cooked but I've never tried them.

Also heard buffalo are good as well. I watched a guy clean some one time. He skinned them and cut about a half inch on either side of the line on the meat. Then kind of filleted out the top and bottom portion. Maybe carp are similar? I would try them but havent caught either in ages.

Post up the results if you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            Cut the rib meat out and trim out the dark meat. But honestly not worth the hassle of dealing with the rib bones. Taste like catfish when fried.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
            I've watched a few videos over it and stuff and from what I've seen you're supposed to bleed them out before you fillet them to get rid of some of that red meat.

Comment

I've tried fried, soup, ceviche and I can honestly say they were all equally as nasty.

Gary

Comment

Fresh water buffalo too.

Gary

Comment

Pressure cook them and use the meat like salmon patties. Delicious.

Comment

Since the fish are kinda related has anyone ever eaten gaspergoo? When we filet them for bait their meat seems a lot whiter than carp or buffalo.

Comment

Gaspergoo are excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                        Since the fish are kinda related has anyone ever eaten gaspergoo? When we filet them for bait their meat seems a lot whiter than carp or buffalo.
                        We catch them crappie fishing all the time. Very good eating first. Hard to tell the difference with crappie filets when they’re all fried up together. Try it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          Not my favorite but they aren't bad.

Comment

I really really don't like carp. I mean I really don't. I'm too good a fisherman to have to eat them too.

Comment

.... Hard no here. Catfish are too easy to catch

Comment

Working...
                              X