Poor coons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor coons...

We have brought in the reinforcements! 18 new ones arrived today and are about to get rigged. Add these to the 14 we already had (Humper donated one to a coon when he got caught and took the whole trap with him)... and that's 32 for 2400 acres.

We are on a mission this spring and summer. We are at 12 caught so far in basically two nights of sets so we have a good start. Now I gotta go buy stock in marshmallows[emoji41]

Last edited by Smart; 03-18-2016, 12:46 PM.

good luck
    post statistics!

Comment

Bring on the coonage (like carnage, right?)!!

Comment

Nice, we have 6 or 8 of them that we set at our place when we go out. Ours aren't painted or coated with anything though and have basically rusted to the point they won't function now though.

Comment

Lol. I will . We have a member and his son setting the 14 this weekend so hopefully we get some more then. We'll have these out 4/2 during the turkey opener.

Comment

Poor coons...

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
            Nice, we have 6 or 8 of them that we set at our place when we go out. Ours aren't painted or coated with anything though and have basically rusted to the point they won't function now though.

Yeah I wouldn't buy unpainted. You can use rust prep spray on them to clean them up... and then repaint. We had one that got left out accidentally in a box and soaked in water for a few months when it rained . I brought it home, soaked it in rust prep and repainted. Good as new...see below

Comment

That dog will hunt.

I have several that I leave out at the lease and bait anytime I spend the night. I've also given a few to the landowner who traps year round anytime they're a problem around the barn or feed bins.

I just picked this up from another TBH'r for dispatch purposes. It will ride with me anytime I'm on stand. A few more will die during the season.
              Attached Files

Comment

I like that dispatcher[emoji1376][emoji1376]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Yeah I wouldn't buy unpainted. You can use rust prep spray on them to clean them up... and then repaint. We had one that got left out accidentally in a box and soaked in water for a few months when it rained . I brought it home, soaked it in rust prep and repainted. Good as new...see below

Thanks for the info, we were just talking about it this morning. Gonna try to clean them up and paint them.

Comment

We need to take the same approach as you guys are on our 5200 acres. These things probably pay for themselves in the long run on saved corn. It would be nice to just be able to feed the target animals for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      We need to take the same approach as you guys are on our 5200 acres. These things probably pay for themselves in the long run on saved corn. It would be nice to just be able to feed the target animals for a change.

They do in feed but they also pay for themselves in entertainment. It's good clean fun

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                        Thanks for the info, we were just talking about it this morning. Gonna try to clean them up and paint them.
                        Sure thing....They clean up nicely with the rust remover prep spray.....

I sprayed and let them set in the shop for 5-6 hours and sprayed again before I went to bed. Rinsed with water the next morning and they were paintable as soon as they dried.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Now you got me wanting to buy more traps

Comment

Heck yeah...Its on now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X