How to make floodlight lens red?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make floodlight lens red?

I have one of these halogen floodlights shining on the feeder in the yard at the ranch. Does anyone know how I can color the lens red? The glass cover gets really hot so keep that in mind. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415389311.452519.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	25036387

These would work. Build something to offset them from the face of the light because the light will melt it.

Comment

I have used candy apple red paint

Comment

Red Marks-A-Lot

Comment

Just remember when you do color the lens red or put a red filter on it you will be reducing the output of the light a lot.

Comment

Find some big azz taillights and cut them up so they will cover it or switch to LED a buy red lamps

Comment

There is a teacher supply store that sells transparent film for the old overhead projectors in different colors. I bought some green and put over lights on one of my feeders. Worked great, just took off cover traced to size of glass cut out and put on between glass and lens cover. You may try to find some if you can't I can pick some up and mail to you. It wasn't but a buck or two for 8.5"x11" sheet.

Comment

Hobby Lobby has colored films. This is what I used.

Comment

If there is a muscians friend or music store around, go there and ask for some red light film like a did would use for old can lights

Comment

Got to wal mart go to the school supply section find the clear folder dividers cut it to fit and fasten it to the lab or drill holes in it where the holes are for the screw where the glass is connected

Comment

Get a exterminator light from gonehuntin68

Comment

The stuff people patch their tail lights works

Comment

Id suggest getting this light instead of what you have:
                          https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CGUQpiswAA

Its LED, solar charge, motion activated, and you can adjust the sensitivity to light and motion as well. It won't get hot because it is an LED light and you can put the $0.11 sheets of red film on it because they wont melt. We use two of these lights and they are incredible.

Comment

hobby lobby has the film you need. I used it for a couple of flashlights I have. There is the film and then there is another thing of thin colored plastic but I cant think of the name right now that they have in the store. Works like a charm

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                              Id suggest getting this light instead of what you have:

Its LED, solar charge, motion activated, and you can adjust the sensitivity to light and motion as well. It won't get hot because it is an LED light and you can put the $0.11 sheets of red film on it because they wont melt. We use two of these lights and they are incredible.

I made these before I got the exterminator light. Works but it's a world apart when comparing the two

Comment

Working...
                              X