Looking for feedback...Milwaukee M18 Fuel Brad Nailer/Crown Stapler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for feedback...Milwaukee M18 Fuel Brad Nailer/Crown Stapler

I need a nailer and stapler for all the rabbit and quail cages I'll be building soon. I've already invested pretty heavily in the M18 system with 5 batteries and a bunch of tools.

Reading mixed reviews on the M18 nailers and staplers.

Just wondering if anyone has these and has any feedback on these.

I've used a Ryobi stapler in the past and it worked pretty good. But didn't really have anything to compare it to.

Thanks for any info.

Also, if anybody has a used one for sale let me know

Comment

I've always been a DeWalt guy and still am, but my buddy Mike (that you know) has Milwaukee and he really likes their tools. I can't imagine their nailers wouldn't be good. Them and DeWalt pretty much lead the pack in the power tools market... I have a finish nailer and love it... Sure beats draggin' round the air hoses like I used to do... And with a 4 or 5 hour battery, they'll run dang near all day...

Comment

I have every nailer Milwaukee makes, and they are all jam up.
        I value Slicks opinion, but don't put Dewalt in the same category as Milwaukee, it's like comparing a Shimano Curado to a Zebco 33 .
        Look on CL, cheapest place to buy new power tools.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          I've always been a DeWalt guy and still am, but my buddy Mike (that you know) has Milwaukee and he really likes their tools. I can't imagine their nailers wouldn't be good. Them and DeWalt pretty much lead the pack in the power tools market... I have a finish nailer and love it... Sure beats draggin' round the air hoses like I used to do... And with a 4 or 5 hour battery, they'll run dang near all day...
          Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          I value Slicks opinion, but don't put Dewalt in the same category as Milwaukee, it's like comparing a Shimano Curado to a Zebco 33 .
          Thanks guys. Appreciate the input. I got carpal tunnel from this last dang cage I built between screws and hand stapling!

Comment

When I was building mine I used a paslode stapler . It shoots a staple almost an inch wide . Holds a lot better then a regular staple . With that being said I really like my m12 stapler . I also have the 15g m18 nailer . It’s pretty nice .

ToolBarn.com offers a large selection of online power tools, hand tools, nail guns, fasteners & pressure washer parts from top brands like Milwaukee, DEWALT, Karcher, Senco, Makita & more!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

Now you better ease up, or I'll pray for you... AGAIN!!
              And also with all due respect, my service hands make their livin' using these tools too... And we've had great luck with DeWalt tools... I think most companies and individuals the wind up with one brand or the other just depends on what they start out with... The reason I got away from Milwaukee is when they came out with their new lithium ion batter tools (20 volt I think) they were not interchangeable with their older 18 volt NiCad tools... DeWalt made an adapter for theirs so they could be interchangeable... I'm still running saws and drills that were 18's with adapters... With the Milwaukee's their old tools became obsolete or you had to keep buying/rebuilding the old batteries...

Comment

I have a bostich set if you need to borrow one. But if you just want a new tool I see no reason to step outside the battery line you have

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Chew

Where are you located ?
                  I have the brad nailer ( not for sale ) and you are welcome to use it to see if it’s what you like. I won’t use it before June. We just gotta get it to you

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Now you better ease up, or I'll pray for you... AGAIN!!
                    And also with all due respect, my service hands make their livin' using these tools too... And we've had great luck with DeWalt tools... I think most companies and individuals the wind up with one brand or the other just depends on what they start out with... The reason I got away from Milwaukee is when they came out with their new lithium ion batter tools (20 volt I think) they were not interchangeable with their older 18 volt NiCad tools... DeWalt made an adapter for theirs so they could be interchangeable... I'm still running saws and drills that were 18's with adapters... With the Milwaukee's their old tools became obsolete or you had to keep buying/rebuilding the old batteries...
                    All my guys make a living running Dewalt as well lol.
                    I'm not spending money on Milwaukee for them though, so they can just leave them somewhere they can't remember.
                    One of my guys has mixed over a million pounds of concrete by hand, using the same 3 speed Dewalt drill .

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                      Where are you located ?

I have the brad nailer ( not for sale ) and you are welcome to use it to see if it’s what you like. I won’t use it before June. We just gotta get it to you
                      I appreciate the offer. I probably won't be building any more cages for two or three more months but I will definitely reach out if I don't have one by then. Thanks

Comment

While not the battery operated (which probably voids this post) but have the framing nailer, finish nailer, brad nailer and stapler….all are Milwaukee brand but are compressed air operated but all of them have worked flawlessly and have been used hard

Comment

I’ve been a Dewalt guy but switched to all Milwaukee last year and bought one and it’s been a solid gun, I have zero complaints with it. My newer Dewalt stuff kept crapping out within a few months so I jumped ship, these may poop out as well but so far out of 19 tools there all going strong.

Comment

Ttt

Any more input
                            Last edited by Chew; 01-29-2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Worked awesome for building a rabbit nesting box this morning

Comment

Working...
                              X