No announcement yet.

Chippewa knockoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried lots of pairs over the years. For me its never been an issue to find a boot that is comfortable. The issues always come from the boot staying waterproof or zippers having issues. Ultimately I now have the newer chips with the composite toe and all that jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      I had the same experience with new Chippewas. Didn’t fit me good at all.
      I had to try on several styles just to realize their sizes aren’t normal. I wear a 12D in all my boots and shoes. Not these! 11 I believe. Mine are real comfy. Can wear them all day working and walking at the ranch. Taking them off is a chore

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        I had to try on several styles just to realize their sizes aren’t normal. I wear a 12D in all my boots and shoes. Not these! 11 I believe. Mine are real comfy. Can wear them all day working and walking at the ranch. Taking them off is a chore

Mine are very comfortable too. But they’re at least ten years old so there’s that.

Comment

I have a pair of the academy ones for 5 or 6 years also. Like any other leather boot I've owned I treated them with mink oil they day they came home and after turkey season every year after.

My feet don't get wet and my zippers still work. I would definitely buy again

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought we were boycotting Academy. Have we been given permission to buy from them again?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              I thought we were boycotting Academy. Have we been given permission to buy from them again?
              Yep, just spit coffee on my keyboard again...............

Rwc

Comment

My Chippewas are good as long as I don't have to walk very far in them........they're uncomfortable as hell, if I do.

Comment

This thread started before the boycott so we can shop there based on the grandfather clause found in the TBH letters of confederacy

Comment

Really? What were we boycotting Academy for?

I must be getting oldtimers, I can’t remember anything these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The boycott was only for those who don't pay.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        This was probably the issue. It’s my first ever pair of chips and I just bought the same size boots I wear everyday. Did not work out. Haha…. It was probably a sizing issue on my part.

Comment

Why not just steal a pair next time you go in? Academy should be ok with it.

Comment

After seeing this thread earlier today, I got on line to order me a new pair of Chipps... The ones I have are 5 years old and though still functional, are pretty badly worn...
                            It appears Chippewa is no longer making the traditional snake boots!! Their web site does not even show them, and I just checked all their on line dealers and cannot find a single pair of 11 1/2 wide boots... Cavenders, Bass Pro, and Cabela's used to stock them... None now do... don't know if this is a temporary thing but seems it's been going on for quite a while. Sure hope they have not stopped making the traditional snake boots and would love to find a pair of the steel toe version... Best I can tell, they no loner exist anywhere!!
                            Anyone else had a similar experience?

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                              Really? What were we boycotting Academy for?

I must be getting oldtimers, I can’t remember anything these days.

Comment

I wear twisted X snake boots which are great, but wish I would have saved $200 and bought my wife the academy knock offs. I bought her chips and 2 years later she is still struggling to make them comfortable. We even took them to a boot doctor to get them more comfortable. She did say on the last trip they felt a little better

Comment

Working...
                                X