Personal Best on Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Best on Video

The weekend of January 15th I went to the Hale Ranch, a 3000 acre high fenced ranch near Batesville, to hunt with my son and some other friends. I have hunted this ranch many times over the last 15 years so I had a good idea what they have to offer. I wasn't really sure what it was I wanted to hunt for, but knew I would see several mature bucks and could make up my mind at the time. (some day I really really want to shoot a 150+ inch 8 point)

I was dropped off at my stand Friday morning and within a few minutes of being dropped off already had a good buck eating corn in front of me before daylight. I had, probably, 20 deer come in to where I was hunting with about 10 of them being bucks. A few of the bucks were mature, but the ones I was most interested in were broken up. One of the bucks, that was not broken up, was a giant, but I couldn't talk myself into shooting him on the first morning of the hunt.

After talking to the ranch manager about the big, unbroken, deer I saw, he couldn't believe I passed on him.

I decided to go back to the same stand that evening to see if he came back to give me another opportunity.

He showed back up about 5 and began to pose in front of me at about 20 yards so I hit record on my camera.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf9TCK74ceU"]Big Deer - YouTube[/ame]

We ended up having a great weekend with 6 mature bucks being shot. Three were shot with a bow and all ended up being easy to find after the shot. I am grateful to have gotten to share such a special hunt with son and great longtime friends.
    Attached Files

Congrats!! great video and a giant buck!

Comment

Cool video! I like how the other buck just stands there
      It can be really difficult to talk a hunter in to shooting on the first hunt but I always say a good hunt doesn't have to be a long hunt.

Comment

Beauty! Congrats

Comment

Congratulations to you sir on a fine, fine trophy! That joker has some mighty long beams and good mass! Did y'all score him?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Congratulations to you sir on a fine, fine trophy! That joker has some mighty long beams and good mass! Did y'all score him?
            Thank you. You are right he did have long beams (26.5"). - That caused me to miss the score a bit. I guessed him at 168ish but he ended up being 173.5".

Comment

Congrats on a great buck! Awesome video!

Comment

Congrats, how old was he?

Comment

congrats enjoyed the video

Comment

Congrats on a gorgeous buck! Great shot too, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congrats on a great deer and a really nice video.

Comment

Great video, beautiful deer and a helluva shot in the deadly V. Nice seeing that sucker fall in sight!

What broadhead?

Comment

Very nice! Congrats to you and your son.

Comment

Congrats sir! Perfect shot. I'll be interested in the age as well. It's a beautiful place they have out there.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome deer, great video. I was holding my mouse curser right where I would have shot, then an arrow hit that spot, great heart shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X