Odometer Rollback Recourse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bow newby View Post
    I am in the car business and this is fairly common among older vehicles. Probably just mileage entered wrong at inspection or at service. For this age of vehicle there will be no negative impact on its value
    Thanks. In todays truck market I think I am okay with what I paid and the truck's appearance and mechanical function seems to be good enough as well. Just have a problem with people that are dishonest in their dealings.

Comment

You didn’t get a car fax report before buying the vehicle.

My question is, what made you decide to get one after the purchase was made?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        You didn’t get a car fax report before buying the vehicle.

My question is, what made you decide to get one after the purchase was made?
        Couple days afterward the check engine light came on and threw a couple of error codes. Thought it was funny timing. Suspicious I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
          Couple days afterward the check engine light came on and threw a couple of error codes. Thought it was funny timing. Suspicious I guess.

I figured something must have gone wrong. Good luck to ya. I’m no help on any recourse advice. Thanks for answering my curiosity

Comment

Can you attach the report or the page that has what caused the rollback?

Comment

Curious what you paid for it? I wouldn’t have thought to run a car fax after I brought out, what prompted the check?

Comment

Good information on this thread. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                  All you gotta do is disconnect the battery to stop it from throwing codes for a bit....

I think you need to just swallow hard. Take this as a hard lesson learned.

Comment

I guess what is aggravating is all the good people here on the GS I have dealt with thru the years and all the transactions being top notch and everybody being honest and us holding each other accountable, this leaves a sour taste. I will address the error codes(mass airflow sensor and knock sensor)and keep on driving it.

Comment

If you input the VIN on this site, you can look at the past State Inspections done on the vehicle.

It should give you an idea of the accurate mileage and whether there has been alteration.

Comment

You’d have to prove he did it or knew about it and intentionally hid it from you. Good luck with that. Sucks, but sounds like you’re gonna take an L on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                          You’d have to prove he did it or knew about it and intentionally hid it from you. Good luck with that. Sucks, but sounds like you’re gonna take an L on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Would not be the first L for sure.

Comment

Car Fax said my last truck, Ford, had been in an accident on all 4 sides. That was due to hail repair. Truck had never been in an accident - it was straight and clean - not a dent or scratch. Took an 8K hit on trade-in. Point is - Carfax isn't always correct.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                              Car Fax said my last truck, Ford, had been in an accident on all 4 sides. That was due to hail repair. Truck had never been in an accident - it was straight and clean - not a dent or scratch. Took an 8K hit on trade-in. Point is - Carfax isn't always correct.

Someone reported the hail damage on all four sides.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Someone reported the hail damage on all four sides.
                                They did + the roof. And the way they reported it as "damage" - not hail damage. It was the dealership that fixed the hail damage that reported it to carfax. It had been 4 years since it happened, so not a lot I could do to clear it up. Just gave me another reason not to buy a ford.

That said, all it would take is some fat finger to get the mileage wrong. Not that is what happened to the OP.

Comment

Working...
                                X