No announcement yet.

Bird taxidermist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Turkey Mounts? I am after a super slam and I want top notch mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
      I highly recommend taking a look at Birdman Studios out of Trinidad, CO. His forte is ducks but he has taxi’d birds of all kinds. He’s spent considerable time in the field studying birds in their habitats and taking high-speed photos to capture even the smallest of his subjects’ movements. This allows him to create “in situ” mounts that are not only realistic but dramatic as well.
      His work is awesome. I shot a nice Sprig and was going to send to him but he's express service only right now due to the amount of work he has.

Comment

Danny Owens, Creative Critters n Lubbock. World class n birds and his awards will prove it. He is one of the best.

Comment

Anybody got lowell Shelley's contact info?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shapley

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

832-527-7182

Comment

Originally posted by 257 View Post
                Also WildThings (Barry). Telling y’all, he’s the best when it comes to any bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Danny Owens, Creative Critters n Lubbock. World class n birds and his awards will prove it. He is one of the best.
                  I’ll second this one. He’s great! Has a whitetail for me currently but his specialty is birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    I am not sure if he is still doing taxidermy, but look up Sendero Taxidermy in Round Rock. He is REALLY good with birds if he is still practicing.

I also know a guy in Corpus (who I use).

I am VERY particular about who I use and the guy in Corpus is top notch if interested.

Ther is also a guy in the DFW area what is really good if that would be an option.

What I have found, taxidermists can be REALLY a good at something, but not everything. I have a deer guy, a fish guy and a bird guy and they are all different.
                    Who's your fish guy? Does he do skin mounts by chance?

Comment

For waterfowl, it just doesn't get any better than Lowell Shapely.

Comment

Originally posted by 257 View Post
                        Look at Shane Smith Taxidermy. Google online. I believe he is out of Alabama or somewhere in the southeast. Unparalleled turkey work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          For waterfowl, it just doesn't get any better than Lowell Shapely.
                          ^^^^^This.......

Comment

Definitely Lowell. He did this pintail and I’m taking a GWT for my son to him end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                              I think he's referring to Alive Again, south of town near the Majek boat place and John Glenn's fish taxidermy shop.
                              That would be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Who's your fish guy? Does he do skin mounts by chance?
                                Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                                I think he's referring to Alive Again, south of town near the Majek boat place and John Glenn's fish taxidermy shop.
                                Glenn’s is my fish guy, and it is because of his skin work. Keep 8n mind, his waiting list is years (but for a reason).

Comment

Working...
                                X