Barrel boring needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrel boring needed

Does anyone know who to contact about making a custom barrel?

A shop or company or just someone who does it well but as a hobby

I have a project in mind

PM sent

Comment

With the vague info given any rifle building gunsmith can do what you want lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

what caliber you wanting?

type of rifle

Comment

Briley barrels in Houston, one of the best

Comment

What are you looking to have done ?

What caliber, what twist, what contour ?

If wanting to re-bore an existing already chambered barrel you’re wasting both time and money.

There are probably 20 custom barrel manufactures that can build what you want.

Comment

i want to convert a heavy barrel single shot H&R 25-06 into a 16.5" long 45ACP

Comment

Originally posted by zanemanaggie View Post
                i want to convert a heavy barrel single shot H&R 25-06 into a 16.5" long 45ACP
                Why? I kid. Interesting choice. You could have someone make a lug and screw-in barrel but after all said and done I think it will be quite expensive. If you’re not worried about that, have at it.

Comment

should be 1/16 twist i believe

Comment

You have a $250 used rifle. If you can find a GS with the proper machinery and button, it would likely cost you $700-800 to do what you want. When it's all said and done, you still have a $250 H&R used rifle. A re-bored factory barrel adds $0 value to your current rifle. Re-boring was sometimes done 30 years ago. I do not know of anyone still doing it.

My advice, find a used TC Contender, G2 or Encore rifle or frame. Then call Bullberry, TC Custom shop (if they're still in business), Match Grade Machine, Virgin Valley, and order the exact custom barrel that you want. Barrel will cost around $450 to $550.

Another option, you can find new & used .357 Contender/Encore custom barrels pretty regularly. Ed's Contenders http://www.edstc.com/ was the go to guy years ago. No clue if he is still alive and/or in business. Ed would frequent the Tulsa Gun Show and have 500-800 barrels to choose from. Plenty of online internet classifieds to find a used/new barrel.

Used TC barrels are priced from $165 to $300. The .357 will allow you to plink shooting .38 Spcl. ammo. This project option would be less expensive and more realistic than what you're wanting to do.

Comment

If you are serious about it JES rifle reboring would be my first call talk to them. They did a Marlin for me 30/30 to 38/55. Not sure if the 45 ACP and 25/06 are close enough diameter for the ejector to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        You have a $250 used rifle. If you can find a GS with the proper machinery and button, it would likely cost you $700-800 to do what you want. When it's all said and done, you still have a $250 H&R used rifle. A re-bored factory barrel adds $0 value to your current rifle. Re-boring was sometimes done 30 years ago. I do not know of anyone still doing it.

My advice, find a used TC Contender, G2 or Encore rifle or frame. Then call Bullberry, TC Custom shop (if they're still in business), Match Grade Machine, Virgin Valley, and order the exact custom barrel that you want. Barrel will cost around $450 to $550.

Another option, you can find new & used .357 Contender/Encore custom barrels pretty regularly. Ed's Contenders http://www.edstc.com/ was the go to guy years ago. No clue if he is still alive and/or in business. Ed would frequent the Tulsa Gun Show and have 500-800 barrels to choose from. Plenty of online internet classifieds to find a used/new barrel.

Used TC barrels are priced from $165 to $300. The .357 will allow you to plink shooting .38 Spcl. ammo. This project option would be less expensive and more realistic than what you're wanting to do.

^^^What he said.

Comment

Working...
                        X