Buddy's 2021 Tom Green 8 video.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As many of yall saw in my link below, my long time bow hunting buddy Nick took a nice buck on our place in early December after a long slump for a better deer. Was glad to see him bust the slump with this nice 8 with 11.25 and 10.75" G2s. He made a helluva shot with his new V3 (converted former 20 year PSE user..)but I told him he needs to raise that aimpoint a little. He was playing with fire and we aren't getting any younger for those long tracks. Deer went 60 yards with the Rage Trypan in the cage.

Deer was at several feedpens over the previous 2-3 weeks and luckily for Nick he came through his area for the second time all year. He was run way down from the rut with hardly any fat on him if at all. He just got into videoing using my previous Panasonic 1080p so I put together a quick video for him. If you watch in the early part of the video the deer has his head down and it looks like he's hacking up something or trying to blow something out. There is no scrape there, but he ducks his head and starts making that noise. You can hear that and see his diaphragm going in and out. The other buck in the pen looks at him too. Some of yall may have seen it but I never have. Anyway...enjoy the video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0sDcOPFq4"]Buddy Nickâ€[emoji769]s ‘21 Tom Green Archery 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Smart; 12-17-2021, 10:22 AM.

Watched it earlier when i got the notification on my phone. Nice buck and Congrats to Nick.

Comment

Sweet video, very nice deer. Congrats to Nick !!

Comment

Awesome video! That’s a sweet looking spot with that lane behind the pen!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats again to Nick. Great way to break in that new Mathews.

Comment

Great buck. You think he might have been trying to blow a Bot Worm out when he was making that hacking noise

Comment

Thanks for sharing Jason. Again, I really like that buck. Congrats to Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
                  Great buck. You think he might have been trying to blow a Bot Worm out when he was making that hacking noise

Possibly. They usually stop with the head shaking and sneezing by now, but it has been a warmer than normal season so far.. That’s just the most effort I’ve ever seen one try to expel one if that’s what he was doing.
                  Last edited by Smart; 12-18-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Awesome video Smart. What camera are you using?

Comment

That’s my old Panasonic HC v180 1080 I believe. He bought it from me when I upgraded to a Panasonic 770. I did all the editing but he did the video.

Comment

How do you like the 770? I’m wanting to start videoing my hunts and looking for an entry level camera

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaS View Post
                          How do you like the 770? I’m wanting to start videoing my hunts and looking for an entry level camera

Love it man. Does a great job for the money .

Comment

Good stuff.. Nice buck..

Comment

Awesome tom green 8 there .

Comment

Working...
                              X