Late Season Sabine National Forest Success. 12-22-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Season Sabine National Forest Success. 12-22-2021

This past hunt was going to be the last of the year. I arrived to my camp on Sunday and planned to hunt thru today, knowing that killing a buck after Thanksgiving would be a tough task.
    Weatherman called for clear skies during that period so when I heard rain pelting my tent Monday morning, I was not surprised. While sitting in my climber, the rain slowed to a drizzle.
    Not much moving, seeing just two doe in the distance, I came down to eat lunch in my truck and did some exploring in the deep crevasses near Toledo Bend. I didn't see anything the rest of the day. Tuesday was pretty much a repeat with probably the same two doe but clear skies. When I talked with my wife, she told me she wasn't feeling well and I told her I would come home Wednesday.
    So, I'm in my climber and planning to leave at 10 am. Out of the fog steps this 8 point walking from my right to left, 125 yds out. Crosshairs behind shoulder, didn't take another step. 830.
    I'm hoping a friend can post my pics.
    How old do you think it is?

Cingrats

Been seeing lots of bucks n does this week Bucks back running together. Little cool snap got them hungry

Comment

Thank you. He was run down a bit and when I opened his gut to see what he's been eating there wasn't much, no green leaves, just apparently grasses.

Comment

Am I the only one not seeing a picture?

Comment

In for LDPs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the late season kill

Comment

Congrats! Sent you my number in a pm. Send me the pics, I'll post em

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal. Sounds like you know the place well. Those forests are one type of terrain, vegetation, I have zero knowledge of. Someday I want to try that stuff out.

Definitely want to see some pictures of that buck.

Comment

Congrats! Need pics!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck SH!

Comment

Congrats SH, great buck!

Comment

Dang nice buck! congrats

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I gotta get me one of those hitch hoists! I'm getting too old to just lift em in the bed anymore. My legs and back hurt for 3 days after I dragged mine up in the bed of my SXS last time.

Comment

Rorylane, thank you for posting the pics.
                              I used the hoist after getting back to my camp where I keep it. I am too old to lift into the truck so I dragged it about a mile with my truck. I will bring the hoist with me from now on though.

Comment

Working...
                              X