Water well Windmill or Solar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water well Windmill or Solar?

I'm looking at possible putting in a water well on family property.
    It'll be to fill a storage tank, water trough and overflow into pond.

What's the pro/cons of each?
    There is no electricity anywhere close by.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

windmills are very expensive to purchase and need maintenance that sucks if you are scare of heights.......but i could watch one go around all day

all i got, good luck

Comment

Most ranchers are switching from windmills to solar for above reasons.

Comment

If the water is for ag use there may be some USDA program that'll split the cost of a solar well with you.

I dont remember the specifics but was told about a lot of programs I might qualify for when I inherited a few acres.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

It'd be mostly for AG, but we have a small camp we'd tote the water to.
          But I will look into it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Solar for sure unless you have deep pockets… as mentioned already there is a reason a lot of folks are going solar

Comment

Solar 100%

Windmills have been replaced all over the Country in favor of solar

Comment

We jetted an old well and put a solar pump in it. Does exact same thing you are doing, fills trough up and then the overflow is piped to a tank. I would recommend installing some type of switch to be able to cut it off when everything is full.

This was partially funded through NRCS or the local soil and water conservation district (SWCD).

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                  We jetted an old well and put a solar pump in it. Does exact same thing you are doing, fills trough up and then the overflow is piped to a tank. I would recommend installing some type of switch to be able to cut it off when everything is full.

This was partially funded through NRCS or the local soil and water conservation district (SWCD).
                  I've seen them where the over flow went back into the well.

Comment

If he's looking to fill a storage tank and switch is an easy add.

Comment

Working...
                    X