X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job! This has been an awesome trip.
      Go S Texas!

Comment

What a season. You've shot more arrows through deer this year than I have into my target.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of a deer!!!! Big time congrats brother!!!

Comment

Congratulations Heith !!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

One of our best hunting threads in a long, long time!
              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                One of our bust hunting threads in a long, long time!

[emoji3516]...a season to remember

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats sir.

Comment

Heck yeah, way to stick with it.

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

Awesome!!! Nice buck.

Big congrats Heith…

Comment

Time for the Benelli's and Beretta's !

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Alright, alright, alright!!!

We just got back to camp. Took the buck to the processor, showered and got an invite to eat with Clark’s parents. Duck dressing, purple hill peas & corn on the cob is to blame for the delay on more pics and the write up.
                              WORTH IT!!!

I really don’t even know where to start!
                              So I’ll start with this...
                              I am BLESSED beyond measure with good friends. In 2014 I met Clark (Jlow) in Kansas. It was the first time I hunted with Brian (Zmaxhunter). We hit it off immediately and have hunted together every year since. Last year Clark purchased 200+ acres of bottom land that he had leased several years prior. It had already produced several nice deer over the last several years, so when he planted food plots, set up a few redneck blinds and started pouring the feed to them, the place just became even more of a deer haven.
                              Clark missed our Kansas hunt this year so he could focus on his property and invited me to come hunt with him instead. We agreed on dates in December and it was set. When season started this buck was a regular on camera with night time pics only and Clark immediately recognized him as a deer he had passed on numerous times from the 2020 season. He told me, “We are gonna kill this deer this year.” We had both discussed this deers age, frame, points, habits, and bedding areas many of times thru text and phone calls.
                              Fast forward to Saturday Dec 4th. Clark was hunting and had this buck coming in to bow range and a doe decided she would run right to him and took the buck the opposite direction. He called me and said, “He is daylighting, hurry up and get up here!”
                              I finally arrive at camp Tuesday night and he tells me, “You are gonna kill this deer. I’m gonna sit with you and film.”
                              I tried arguing with him, but was not getting anywhere.

So we piled up in the stand yesterday morning, saw over 20+ deer but no target. Had an awesome hunt, regardless.

This morning was slow with a few deer sightings. Mostly does and yearlings. Same at noon. Then at 3:30 we had a doe coming to us alone, which was odd because every doe we had seen was with a yearling. I look up a few minutes later and I see a buck. Take a peek thru the binos and I immediately tell Clark, “It’s him!!!”
                              GAME ON!!!
                              Doe comes to the feed, Target buck is right behind her but she boogers on us. The wind was swirling and there was something they didn’t like. US!
                              We catch movement behind them and another buck walks up. A big 7 point. Clarks target buck for his son Jackson.
                              2 mature bucks in bow range with a doe and all 3 are on the edge. Then they would calm down. Then on the edge.
                              Clark and I are sweating 50 cal bullets. We are about to turn inside out because we know it could end just as fast as it started if the wind keeps swirling. Clark has all the windows closed to help conceal our scent and tells me, “Let me know when to open the window.”

The deer are 3-4 steps from being in the kill zone(not behind trees) and won’t commit. It seams like forever, and finally the Doe comes in and starts feeding. The 7 point is still not sure and the target buck can’t stand it. He comes in too. As soon as he clears the trees and is shootable he turns around and walks back from where he came, BUT stops at 32 yards. His head and shoulder are behind a cypress tree. He is quartered away hard but his rib cage is exposed. I tell Clark, “Open the window!” I draw, anchor, take a deep breath, bury my pin in his rib cage, try my best to drown out the heart beat rattling my brain and slowly squeeze off. He never knew it was coming. I watch the arrow as it finds it’s mark and the deer immediately goes down on his front 2 legs. The buck drives himself forward and tangles up in a vine.
                              While this is happening Clark already has me armed up celebrating because he saw the arrows entrance. I yell, “He’s down!! He’s down!!” Clark’s turns around to witness with me, the buck hanging up in a vine, rearing up, jumping about 5’ in the air, falling over backwards and doesn’t move another muscle.
                              Man we turned inside out!!!! Kids at Christmas!!! Squeals!!! Hugs!!! High fives!!!! So much adrenaline and emotions!!!!
                              So much history, pics, conversations, hard work and patience, all came together for a memory that will last forever.
                              I can’t thank Clark enough for the invite, or opportunity to hunt and kill his #1 target buck this year.
                              He is one of my best friends and I’ll forever be in debt to him for this experience.

We’ll be hunting geese in the morning and I moved my flight up to tomorrow evening because I have a very loving patient wife that is home and ready to see me. But I’ll be back up here in January with Bryce and Talen to duck/goose hunt and pick up my horns and meat.

Buck has 11 scorable points. 19 1/2” Spread. 23” main beams. He has about 10” of tines missing and I haven’t put a tape on him yet, but He is definitely my biggest framed deer killed with my bow.

I can’t thank y’all enough for the positive support and comments In this thread. I hope I can continue with the trend in South Tx.

Last edited by Hsbtgarcia; 12-09-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

That was worth the wait! What a hunt!

Comment

Working...
                                X