Suppressor Ordered-Simple Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor Ordered-Simple Process

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a suppressor for my AR10. I had been really intimidated at the process but found a company that made it very simple. They did everything over the phone except for the fingerprinting and photo. They sent the fingerprint kit that was easy to do and mail back. I took my picture with my phone and sent it to them. They emailed me to keep me informed the steps they were taking. They took my order over the phone and offered 6 monthly payments. Now, the hard part, waiting for the ATF to approve. I wish I had done this sooner-it was a very simple process. I won’t give the name of the company on here but if you message me I can give you the number of the specific person who helped me.

Wish I had bought 5 when I got my first 2 12 years ago. By this time next year you should have it. What did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might as well save for the 2nd. You can't own just 1

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Banish 30. Wish I would have done it years ago. I have no problem with the hoops you have to jump through-just going to be a long wait.

Comment

have 3 and love em youll enjoy!

Comment

The wait sux…..shoulda bought more than one though. Because your gonna want to….lol

Comment

Originally posted by venisonhuntr View Post
              I have no problem with the hoops you have to jump through.

Really? Why not? This should be an over the counter purchase and nothing more. Government overreaching on suppressors is ridiculous

Comment

ATF is bringing back e filing. I’d ask the seller to e file if they haven’t already sent paper in. Silencer Shop is holding on to orders now until e filing launches. They sent out an email yesterday.

Comment

I heard if you purchase a suppressor from a Texas Mfr. you don’t need to go through the lengthy process. Can someone confirm if this is true?

Comment

Who did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                      I heard if you purchase a suppressor from a Texas Mfr. you don’t need to go through the lengthy process. Can someone confirm if this is true?
                      Kinda, It's like the weed thing. Still illegal federally but unlike the DEA, the ATF will not turn a blind eye.

No one is selling yet and it has not made its way through the courts.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                        ATF is bringing back e filing. I’d ask the seller to e file if they haven’t already sent paper in. Silencer Shop is holding on to orders now until e filing launches. They sent out an email yesterday.

Yep shoulda waited a couple more weeks. Would probably get it 1/2 the time.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Really? Why not? This should be an over the counter purchase and nothing more. Government overreaching on suppressors is ridiculous

Yep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                          Kinda, It's like the weed thing. Still illegal federally but unlike the DEA, the ATF will not turn a blind eye.

No one is selling yet and it has not made its way through the courts.
                          Uh....FYI...Marijuana is still illegal in Texas. There may be DAs that choose not to prosecute, but still illegal and arrestable

Comment

Welcome to the addiction. Company i ordered from did same thing. Made it super easy. I ordered 2 last year. Got them and I just ordered 2 more. Shoulda bought them all at once so I didn’t have to wait again! I’ll never shoot another gun without a silencer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                              HB 957
                              New laws, whether enacted on the local, state, or federal levels, can often be confusing. Adding to this confusion is the fact that many people try to boil legislation down to easy-to-digest snippets.

Anybody with FFL is scared to act for fear of jail and losing FFL.

Splitfinger… Build your own and dont trapse where the Federales roam.

Ive a contractor who built his own suppressor 95% from items bought at Home Depot…heavier than sin but still…homemade and it suppresses.

Comment

Working...
                              X