Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everybody wants to be country, until it’s time to do some country stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takes all kinds to make up the world. God granted everbody different gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
      Well according to Earle, if you don't fix a tree, widdle sticks, gig frogs, gut hogs, swim in the creek with your bird dog, dip, catch bass and cats with a rod and reel, kill bucks from the top of a windmill and of course, have a barbed wire tattoo that goes all the way around...you just ain't country.
      I’ve met “Earl.” He ain’t country.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
        I'm pretty "country" but I dont like using hog traps all that much and always feel a little different when its time to kill whatever pigs are in it. I hate pigs as much as anybody, but feel kinda bad especially for the last one that saw everything else happen. Its certainly not something that i enjoy or look forward to, and will get it done as quickly and effectively as possible.

I know guys and have seen it, where people will fumble around with old crappy guns that are jamming or misfiring in between shots. Or shoot a few, then go get a beer, then shoot the others. Or shoot one and let their dog terrorize the others. Etc etc....I know they are just pigs but I always loose alittle respect for anybody that does it this away.
        I agree. Anything that needs to be killed should have it done as quickly and painlessly as possible...except child molesters.

Comment

Im my best elmer wayne voice

Woo Hoo. I'm Cuuuuuuntreeeeee!

If you get it, you get it.

Comment

Lame post

Comment

I see your point and I agree!

Hence why so many diesel driving daddies or with big trucks who live in city and pound pavement. All for looks/show

Comment

Not country but we used to have 'that guy' on the lease who HAD to be the official dispatcher of trapped pigs...didn't help with the cleaning, but was like a kid at Christmas during the blood shed & would pout if someone beat him to any traps.

Comment

Most of our grandfathers would laugh at almost anyone these days that says their ciuntry...even those who live in the country!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up in the country, lived in the suburbs 34 years and back to rural east tx. I had to teach deep when I moved back for some of those country skills. I still like the suburb conveniences and keep an apartment in the burbs.

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
                      you are so country…

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                      😂😂😂

Comment

If it needs to be killed, kill it as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          I’ve met “Earl.” He ain’t country.
                          Well just look at that Yee Yee kid... You are spot on Fishndude.. Ain't..

Comment

I used to go with a buddy of mine to run his trap lines. Never enjoyed the killing part. We butchered our show chickens ourselves one year. Hated it. One of our cows was stuck in the mud and by the time we found her she couldn't stand when we got her out. When it came time to put her out of her misery I walked off.

Hunting something down and killing it is great. Never liked doing the other stuff.

Comment

I've never had a problem dispatching animals, but as others have stated, as long as there is purpose. I do believe "varmints" need to be managed and food needs to be put on the table, but I also believe there's a right way and a wrong way. There's a name for people that feel totally empty inside when taking the life of another creature...psychopath!

Comment

I have a buddy who has approx. 250 acres - grows his own food and takes care of his own place. Built his own cabin and barn on the place. He rides his horses around the property. A DIY guy in every aspect of his life. He doesn't like killing animals at all. He invites a few of us out when there's sign, and we take out some hogs with traps and random shooting (get way more with traps).

Your way of country may be one thing, but I have no idea how you could say He's not country.

Comment

Working...
                                X