12GA Steel Shot #3s or #2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12GA Steel Shot #3s or #2s

I know it's the same old story everywhere, but is anybody seeing 12 gauge steel shot in #2 or #3 shot on the shelves?

Im really getting worried that I may not have enough boxes for Big Duck!

What area are you in?

Your best bet is to find some on-line and have them shipped. I had problems halfway through the season last year. There was plenty before the season started though. Found just enough to get me through. But had to order them. So, after the season, I ordered more to make sure I was gonna have enough for this year. Plus, set up for reloading so I don't ever have to go through that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
      I know it's the same old story everywhere, but is anybody seeing 12 gauge steel shot in #2 or #3 shot on the shelves?

Hoffys in Lampasas had some number three the other day

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been able to pick up some from Academy on occasion. They have had some Monarch in #2 and #4. Not sure if they are any good but will have some to shoot.

Comment

Midway has some #1 shot. $24.99/Box or $219.99/Case.

Comment

Lots of Monarch steel waterfowl at Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
              I grabbed a like 6 boxes about a month ago. Never used Monarch before so I hope I like um, but better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                I was seeing a lot a few months ago but haven’t seen much lately in San Antonio.
                PM me which stores as I would like to get some more for a few hints coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                  Hoffys in Lampasas had some number three the other day

I bet he was proud of it too. He usually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                    I bet he was proud of it too. He usually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    That he was

Comment

Check cabelas daily and you may find some. Their website is a pain in the butt to filter what you want, but they've had Kents and Xperts off and on lately. Besides that, Rogers and Macks have been getting stuff in. Just have to check often, not be picky, and snag it.

Comment

Academy had Monarch that I saw yesterday as stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post

Academy has Kent shells which are relatively inexpensive and decent in 3". I am buying them online (limited to 4 boxes per order) then waiting for them to send me a text saying my order is ready and then picking them up. I'm up to two cases now.

Comment

Mack’s has some.
                            Winchester Xpert HV 12 Ga 3" 1-1/8 Oz Case 250 RdBrand Winchester AmmoCategory Shotshell Steel LoadsSeries XpertGauge 12 GaugeModel Super XShot Material SteelType High VelocityRounds Per Box 25Muzzle Velocity 1550 fpsGame Type WaterfowlLength 3"Application HuntingOunces 1 1 / 8 ozBoxes Per Case 10Winchester Super X Xpert HV shotshells offer a true breakthrough in high-performance, value-priced, steel loads built to meet the increasing demand for lower-cost, nontoxic loads for waterfowl shooting. A proprietary shot manufacturing process and a specially designed shot cup deliver optimum performance at an affordable...

Comment

I happened to stumble on 6 boxes of Hevi-Hammer #3's last week. Bought them all while I had the chance. Guy at the counter told me it was pretty hit and miss what was coming in. Due to shortages and all.

Comment

Working...
                              X