??? On food plots in SE Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??? On food plots in SE Oklahoma

What are you using for food plots? I have 3 separate grassy areas spread around my wooded property. Each is approximately an acre each. Preferably something that doesn’t need massive equipment. I am looking for atv related implements. Would like to know what you plant and what time of year.
    Thanks
    Bert

I do mostly WI Forage Oats. I mix a few other things in for a variety. They do real well. I think the biggest difference I have seen is the soil test. Follow the recommendations as close as possible and you should be good. There is a lot of implements out there for an atv. The only thing I use the tractor for is when I disc. I also am a big believer in my Packer Max cultipacker which also is pulled behind my sxs.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
      I do mostly WI Forage Oats. I mix a few other things in for a variety. They do real well. I think the biggest difference I have seen is the soil test. Follow the recommendations as close as possible and you should be good. There is a lot of implements out there for an atv. The only thing I use the tractor for is when I disc. I also am a big believer in my Packer Max cultipacker which also is pulled behind my sxs.
      Do you replant annually or will it sustain itself?
      Thanks

Comment

Forage oats and imperial whitetail clover. Break up the ground, fertilize and seed and lightly drag the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally Posted by mcbZX225 View Post
          Do you replant annually or will it sustain itself?

I just do annually.

Comment

Oats and clover it is. I can’t wait
            Thanks for the input

Comment

Working...
            X