Eating carp.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
    Please spare us the old "throw the carp out and eat the wood plank" crap. Kinda got old 10 years ago.

Anyway some people pressure cook them into patties.
    Try this one:

Shove a carp in a javelina. Wrap in foil and light smoker with old tire and 3 gallons of diesel. Cook until grill melts. Go to Taco Bell and eat

Comment

Back when I was a kid, all my Dad did was fish in his spare time between going to school and working. We didn't have much money, so we ate what he caught, at one time he had 13 or so world records. I can remember him burying carp underground on hot coals and cooking it that way.

Comment

Take the fillets and grind them with a fine plate and make patties. Pressure cooked the meat comes out white as tuna and the bones melt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Be careful They have bones that are not connected to their spine, they are just embedded in the meat. Home cooked carp is probably as good or better than most cafe catfish. To be clear they wouldn’t be my first choice.

Comment

Ain’t that hungry

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
              Back when I was a kid, all my Dad did was fish in his spare time between going to school and working. We didn't have much money, so we ate what he caught, at one time he had 13 or so world records. I can remember him burying carp underground on hot coals and cooking it that way.
              You must be new .
              Pics please, cuz that ain't how fishing stories work around here cuz .

Comment

Back in the day we ate everything we caught. Carp was on the menu but not very high on the menu. Also, back in the day, there wasn’t a multi-thousand acre reservoir around every corner so fishing opportunities weren’t what they are now. You made do with what you had.

Comment

I don't have a pressure cooker but my dad told me that's the way his grandma used to cook carp. I thought about filleting some and grilling or smoking them or or scaling,gutting and putting them in the oven.

Comment

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
                    Pressure cook them and use the meat like salmon patties. Delicious.
                    ^This right here, a long time ago my mother did this and I didn’t have a clue it was carp.

Comment

I have had them every way possible and they are fine if you cut out the bones and some red meat. These comments confuse me the same as wild hog, gar, black bass, gaspergou, wild turkey, stingray, rattlesnake, antelope, sheepshead, black drum, etc etc. This is where i think sometimes the comment "'Merica" takes on a different context to me personally

Comment

I’ve eaten a lot. Of carp. Debone like a catfish. I’ve never understood why people don’t eat them unless they end up with a bucket full of crappie or catfish or bass. Bass are delicious! Especially 5 pound bass!

Comment

I like bass,crappie,catfish ect. But my buddy and I go to a privately owned pond where they really would rather we didn't keep any of the above. But carp are plentiful and they don't want them in there. So I figure if I'm killin them I may as well try and eat them. Otherwise I'll just end up giving them to somebody who will.

With things the way they are in the world right now I really ain't trying to go to the grocery store any more than I have to either. Turtles,trash fish and wild turkey will keep me from having to do that if the opportunity presents itself.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 04-27-2020, 09:36 PM.

Comment

We tried to smoke a couple carp while we were butchering a steer one cold day. When I got there, the carp were already hung up and clear liquid was steadily dripping out. We checked them at lunch and they were about 2/3 of their original size and clear liquid was steadily dripping out. We checked them at dark and the were about half size of start and clear liquid was steadily dripping out. The next morning I got there and the carp were gone. My friend said they were about the size of a perch and..................a clear liquid was still steadily dripping out.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                              Gaspergoo are excellent.
                              Fresh water drum are some of the muddiest tasting fish that swim. I hope carp taste better than freshwater drum.

Comment

Scale and cut into chunks. Bait trotlines or jug lines and eat the catfish it produces.

Comment

Working...
                                X