No announcement yet.

animals you won't hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only kill what I'll eat.. I don't see a point of killing most predators..

Comment

Lap dogs are a "no go" for me. Unless you consider a dachshund a lap dog. They hate me and the feeling is mutual. I'd double lung one in a heart beat.

Comment

I've always wanted to hunt an elephant in the stalk and shoot at 15 yards type hunt. That appeals to me. Shooting one at 100 yards with a .375 H&H doesn't. Would also like to hunt and shoot a nice Cape Buffalo. Guess I read too many books on hunting in Africa when I was younger.

I've always wanted to shoot a grizzly bear with my revolver.

Don't care for sheep wouldn't shoot a giraffe but I'd tag a Zebra for the hide.

Comment

Hunting mice in my camper is totally the most fun. Get a few drinks in me. Put some cheese on the floor and wait for em. Then bam with a baseball. If the first hit doesn't kill them I go in for the kill via hammer fist.

Comment

koala bear

Comment

I don't think there is any animal I wouldn't hunt. On the animals that I am somewhat hesitant about shooting, if they were past maturity and money wasnt a factor I would for sure hunt the animal. I'd rather an animal be shot than to have it possibly suffer a terrible death because I didn't want to shoot if.

Comment

I'm seriously thinking about dropping hunting for the four legged animals and switching my interest to the pursuit of the two legged vermin invading Europe and America.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  U nailed that one. But then again, "don't hunt much" is the KEY describer.

I am honestly starting to wonder if this site has been invaded by borderline PETA types.
                  "don't hunt much" isn't really a KEY describer of me! Just because I don't have a desire to travel and pay someone to hunt their land doesnt mean that I don't hunt much. Trust me, I've got plenty of game to scout/photograph/hunt to keep me busy throughout the year.

And, I'm considered borderline PETA type because of this? Sounds like a passive aggressive TBH insult. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                    You either own your own land or don't hunt much. You are saying you wouldn't pay to hunt elk, Axis or anything even if it was free range....

Doesn't make much sense..
                    Yep, that's what I'm saying. Why doesn't that make sense? Just my personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                      Yep, that's what I'm saying. Why doesn't that make sense? Just my personal preference.
                      You're saying you own your own land or you just refuse to pay for hunting?

I'm on board with you if you own the property you hunt.

If you don't own it and have a lease, I'm going to ask what's the difference.

I will have to say in my opinion you're missing out on some great adventures by not being wiling to pay a little to hunt different states and different animals..
                      Like I said JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                        I'm seriously thinking about dropping hunting for the four legged animals and switching my interest to the pursuit of the two legged vermin invading Europe and America.
                        Whats wrong with Kangaroo? hahaha! I hear you though, those European countries better wake up quick.

Comment

This thread is pretty interesting to me. Its funny that so many guys say that they would never hunt bear. Also, the whole seal debate is pretty amusing too. Being from Alaska, we view bears as annoying overgrown raccoon, and seal makes a hell of a winter hat as well as decent table fare.

Also interesting is at home, many Alaskan's have a pretty negative view of the way folks in Texas hunt by sitting around in a tree stand waiting for a dear to walk by. I guess its truly a case of "to each his own".
                          ***BTW- I've invited those smart asses to come visit Texas to spot and stalk whitetail on foot and none of them have stepped up to the challenge yet. HAHA!

As for me- I think giraffe is about the only thing that is off the menu. I'm taking a trip over to Kenya next month and I am actually looking forward to seeing them in the wild vs a zoo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                            Not anything in Africa I would hunt. Sheep, goats , elk, mule deer, moose, bears not on my list either.
                            That is just about everything on my bucket list. HaHa
                            Scratch the bear since I already got one. Maybe a Brown though.

Comment

If you deer hunt, then you will kill a goat.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                                You're saying you own your own land or you just refuse to pay for hunting?

I'm on board with you if you own the property you hunt.

If you don't own it and have a lease, I'm going to ask what's the difference.

I will have to say in my opinion you're missing out on some great adventures by not being wiling to pay a little to hunt different states and different animals..
                                Like I said JMO.
                                I do own the property that I hunt. Well, I guess it's family land, but no one else in the family cares to hunt. I do realize that I'm fortunate to have this land, and most people don't have that luxury. I'd have a lease of some sort if I didn't have family land. Also, I would consider paying for a guided waterfowl hunt out of state. But for some reason I just have no real interest in hunting elk/moose/etc game that's not found in Texas. Not that I wouldn't if I won a hunt at a banquet or something, but I always feel like I could use the money to enhance my own land such as buying protein feeders or plant food plots, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X