any good disfunctional family christmas stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry_Reed View Post
    I haves inn r ear deals n makes my words not straights as some but I like I say I save tree n gift for youngins n maw was happy house n tree still safe. Tree was n new shape so can be used next years for sure. Thanks.
    ^^^^

This guy is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      ^^^^

This guy is awesome.
      Harry_Reed is my new favorite poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
        I was being honest, it has nothing to do with junk measuring and you did a horrible job protecting your wife.

On top of that you broke the cardinal sin on pulling a firearm. If your going to pull a gun you better be ready to use it. I don't think you were. If you were "worried" about breaking your BIL arm or leg than how were you possibly going to shot him? Honest question?
        Not to split hairs, but I was taught to never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy. Make no mistake, I was ready and willing to use the weapon. Just because I had no interest in breaking him, doesn't mean I wasn't prepared for its use if he didn't back off.

Cops would have done the same thing, only much later, if it's called them.

At the end of the day, it's a tool, owned to defend my wife. It earned its keep that day.
        Last edited by Davoh; 12-29-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I guess my family is pretty functional.....bordering on boring.

Comment

any good disfunctional family christmas stories

Originally posted by Davoh View Post
            Not to split hairs, but I was taught to never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy. Make no mistake, I was ready and willing to use the weapon. Just because I had no interest in breaking him, doesn't mean I wasn't prepared for its use if he didn't back off.

Cops would have done the same thing, only much later, if it's called them.

At the end of the day, it's a tool, owned to defend my wife. It earned its keep that day.

That's arguable.

I would NEVER let any one lay a finger on my wife. I don't care who it was or how big they are. And I would never pull my gun unless I was going to pull the trigger.

Some people...smdh.

For what it is worth I have been in a similar situation. My ex-wifes brother came home drunk one night. Got into an argument with the ex, and started to push her and get rough. I came out of the bathroom and saw this. Threw the ex-Bil through the screen door. Problem solved. He got to sober up in the county drunk tank.
            Last edited by lodgepole; 12-29-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I guess my family is pretty functional.....bordering on boring.
              That is because your family is scared of what you would do if anybody got out of line.

Happy New Year Dale.

Comment

Ok...I'll play

This was back in 1996, my "then-wife" and I were at her Mom and Dad's apartment Christmas Eve night. As things always seemed to go with that particular set of inlaws, there was a little disagreement. I cant even remember what it was, but I recall it was fairly insignificant. To avoid any other words about it, I walked outside to have a smoke and get away from the arguing. After a few minutes, my (now ex) wife walks outside and shes still a little upset from the bickering that was taking place inside. Well, wouldnt you know it, we get in our own little argument outside the apartment, in the parking lot. Her mom sees us arguing, and still pee'd off, she comes up behind me and starts punching me in the back of the head. Now, keep in mind, I at no point saw her come outside. I had no idea who was hitting me. All I knew was I was getting hit, and fairly hard at that. In one fluid motion, I spun around and threw a left cross, blindly, in an attempt to hit "whoever" was punching me. Well, as my luck would have it, I connected. Wound up breaking her jaw, and blinding her in one eye.

Being that it was a woman, the cops couldnt really see my side of it, and I wound doing 16 days in the county lock up, on a class B assault case.

The ex and I actually stayed together another 17 years. I figured that would be the end of us, but it wasnt. The end was finding her in bed with a 17 year old boy, about a week before Christmas, back in 2012. Being that we had a 18 year old son, and this was his best friend at the time, I was disgusted to the point, I decided to just cut my losses, hopped on the Harley with only a change of clothes and my Kimber, and never went back.

That, my friends, is real disfunction...lol

Comment

I was on TBH one year, and its considered a family of sorts... and there was guys telling another guy how much of a man he wasn't for doing something in a situation he was telling a story about on TBH and how they would have handled it differently and there was insinuations of internet toughguyitis, and more lack of brains talk then there were PM's , hugs, and new year happiness...
                  oh and some drunk guy typing is everyones new bestie.

Comment

Originally posted by T_Sebastian View Post
                    Ok...I'll play

This was back in 1996, my "then-wife" and I were at her Mom and Dad's apartment Christmas Eve night. As things always seemed to go with that particular set of inlaws, there was a little disagreement. I cant even remember what it was, but I recall it was fairly insignificant. To avoid any other words about it, I walked outside to have a smoke and get away from the arguing. After a few minutes, my (now ex) wife walks outside and shes still a little upset from the bickering that was taking place inside. Well, wouldnt you know it, we get in our own little argument outside the apartment, in the parking lot. Her mom sees us arguing, and still pee'd off, she comes up behind me and starts punching me in the back of the head. Now, keep in mind, I at no point saw her come outside. I had no idea who was hitting me. All I knew was I was getting hit, and fairly hard at that. In one fluid motion, I spun around and threw a left cross, blindly, in an attempt to hit "whoever" was punching me. Well, as my luck would have it, I connected. Wound up breaking her jaw, and blinding her in one eye.

Being that it was a woman, the cops couldnt really see my side of it, and I wound doing 16 days in the county lock up, on a class B assault case.

The ex and I actually stayed together another 17 years. I figured that would be the end of us, but it wasnt. The end was finding her in bed with a 17 year old boy, about a week before Christmas, back in 2012. Being that we had a 18 year old son, and this was his best friend at the time, I was disgusted to the point, I decided to just cut my losses, hopped on the Harley with only a change of clothes and my Kimber, and never went back.

I think you are the new winner! Sorry about the bad luck.

Comment

[emoji106]
                      Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      I was on TBH one year, and its considered a family of sorts... and there was guys telling another guy how much of a man he wasn't for doing something in a situation he was telling a story about on TBH and how they would have handled it differently and there was insinuations of internet toughguyitis, and more lack of brains talk then there were PM's , hugs, and new year happiness...

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                        That is because your family is scared of what you would do if anybody got out of line.

Happy New Year Dale.
                        Or maybe they are all waiting on me to snap! If you can't spot the dysfunctional family member in the room......

Happy New Year to you as well!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

Haha THIS^^^^

Comment

Ok...I'll play

Yep. New winner

Comment

Ok...I'll play

Drops mic and walks off stage....

Comment

It ain't he Holidays unless the popo shows up!

Comment

Working...
                                X