Trying to settle an argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is more of an accomplishment? killing a deer on private land with a compound bow ? Or killing a deer on public land with a crossbow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good one! I'd say no matter the weapon public takes the cake here. Although shooting a crossbow is easier to master then a compound the public land aspect is the heavier weight to me.

Perhaps share some of you and the other parties reasonings as to why one is harder then the other

Comment

Both are great accomplishments.... IMO public land trumps anything killed on pvt land. Due to lots of pressure and weekend Rambo’s , public land deer turn into vampires

Comment

Depends on the deer. A 130”+ trophy buck with a bow on East Texas timberland imo is a bigger accomplishment than a doe with a crossbow in the National Forest.

Deer being equal, public land is a tougher hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Depends on the deer. A 130”+ trophy buck with a bow on East Texas timberland imo is a bigger accomplishment than a doe with a crossbow in the National Forest.

Deer being equal, public land is a tougher hunt.

That's a good point about the deer being equal or not. What would be your difference in deer to make the deer not matter? Would a 130+ on private equal a spike on public? Or 120 on public is equal to 130 private? Where would you put that line?

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
            That's a good point about the deer being equal or not. What would be your difference in deer to make the deer not matter? Would a 130+ on private equal a spike on public? Or 120 on public is equal to 130 private? Where would you put that line?

I would say take the score out of it. Mature deer on pub/priv, public takes the win. Be it buck or doe.

Another thing to consider, is it a certain deer. As in one you were specifically hunting. I've been lucky and killed nice bucks hunting a random trail that didn't give me that feeling of accomplishment quite like hunting a certain deer after lots of time and sweat trying to get him figured out.

Patterning a certain deer on public vs private, and getting him killed is much harder on public.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Both are great accomplishments, it depends more on the hunters perspective and the things he has done. Just because one of them is the greatest accomplishment for one person, does not mean it is the same for someone else.

Comment

Which ever one gives you the best memories and made you smile the most.

Comment

The compound outweighs the crossrifle every day.

Comment

Zero accolades are given for either

Comment

Public land for sure. No matter the method.

Comment

I would just kill both of them. Mix the trimmings together in sausage and couldn't tell the difference.

Comment

Far too many variables to make a choice.

Comment

Public land wins every time. Way more road blocks to success
                            On public land

Comment

Public land.

Comment

Working...
                              X