How much is this gonna cost me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is this gonna cost me?

I backed up my previously unblemished truck into some obviously stout shrubbery and did this to the tailgate. It draws my eye all the time now.

Pic
    Attached Files

Comment

$700 ish................

Comment

Won’t cost a dime until you replace it. But you know as soon as you replace it you will do something else. Just leave the character mark there

Comment

Johnny, I don't need to replace the whole tailgate. Wow. My wife said $1K. I had no idea it would be this much.

Comment

$14 and maybe some tax with a small can of Bondo.

Comment

Looks centered . . Roll with it . .

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Won’t cost a dime until you replace it. But you know as soon as you replace it you will do something else. Just leave the character mark there
                At 700, I will leave it.

Glen, how was your property hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  Johnny, I don't need to replace the whole tailgate. Wow. My wife said $1K. I had no idea it would be this much.
                  Tailgates run in the 4 digits now. That's why they are always getting stolen in the big cities.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    This.

Comment

$1200

Comment

Took kid and Doug fishing. Headed down this weekend to look at a few lots. We ain’t in a hurry. Checks gotta clear the bank on this house I sold. Fingers crossed. Hope we find what we are looking for quickly. But it’s hard for me to go down and not fish. I’ll stop and fish in a ditch if I have 30 extra minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          $14 and maybe some tax with a small can of Bondo.
                          This is more like what I was thinking. And, painting the whole tailgate might cost?

Comment

Without seeing the rest of at least the tail gate, it's hard to say. But being tail gate damage, you won't have to blend panels or body shops won't, or should not want to blend panels.

I would say that's about a four hour dent, from my estimating days. Then all of the R&Is, I would say you should be able to get it fixed, depending on what area you live. For about $600 to $700. Depending on if they paint one or both sides of the tail gate. If they paint both sides it might turn into a $900 job.

I can tell you from experience, labor rates vary quite a bit around the state. So depending on what area of the state you are in and specifically what area you take it to, as to what it will cost. The paint looks like a common two stage paint, so the paint should not be very high, but all paint now days will cost quite a bit. If that happens to be a three stage paint, you can add another $200 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              This is more like what I was thinking. And, painting the whole tailgate might cost?

Another $20 for rattle can primer and some paint.

Comment

Working...
                              X